Who's no longer a Blue after the TDL?

Who's no longer a Blue after the TDL?

• Total voters

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
I doubt anything happens but if I had to pic Fabs & Gunny packaged. Trying to move Allen at the TDL would end up costing us more assets we'd have to add on +probably have to retain salary. I'm pretty sure we are stuck with Allen who hilariously enough ended up being statistically quite a bit worse then Elliott :laugh:

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I mean, I get your theory but like so many people who propose trades here you aren’t considering the business side of selling off your star player. That isn’t to say it doesn’t happen, Oshie was pretty popular here and Erik Johnson was the face of the turnaround but those trades came at downpoints in Blues history and neither of them were the face of the team like Tarasenko is. I doubt you’re going to find two teams willing to swap star players. It’s just tough to make that happen from both sides considering the risk of upsetting fanbases. Also, it is forever a point of contention for whichever gm loses that swap.

Also, considering your explanation, your Skinner proposal is weird. Why would we trade for a guy who is going to ask for more money than Tarasenko and also isn’t exactly known for giving max effort all the time? I feel like that was just a troll job. And in case it needs mentioning - Skinner for Tank is an easy pass.

One more thing, calling Tarasenko dead weight at any point this season is just being disingenuous. He drives offense even when he’s not playing his best.

View attachment 189163
Would like to have seen that graph without the data from the last 3 weeks. Still, I watch the games and he's let down my 'eye test' enough that I don't like that he's the 'star face' of the team. Doubly so since the Blues acquired O'Reilly and shows the attitude and drive that a real star possesses. Tank just reminds me of post-Red Wings Fedorov, yeah he has the tools, but you never knew if he was going to use them on a given night.

You say we should trade Tarasenko while his value is high so we can make the team better, yet you're suggesting we trade him for an extend Skinner?

I wouldn't even touch Skinner for free in UFA with the money he's going to ask for. He's shooting a whopping 7.4% higher than his career average. He has the same shot rate this year as his career average, but his inflated shooting percentage has him on pace for a 50 goal season instead of a 30 goal season. His production is absolutely unsustainable, and there's no way, shape, or form where Skinner is better or even equal to Tarasenko.

You sell high with guys like Oshie (we whiffed on that one), who are popular and overrated -- but ultimately supplemental. You cannot risk that with a guy that effectively carries the team in goals. Tank and ROR are untouchable. Anyone else, well, you just carefully examine the return.

I knew I was going to regret throwing Skinner's name out as soon as I posted it. To clarify I was specifically posing that question to @LGB since he seemed willing to engage in a discussion and felt that Toronto would say no to the Tank++ offer and Skinner has the most goals of the players on the TSN trade bait board with 36. Was trying to see if he valued goal production over overall play. It's not something I would personally go for unless Buffalo added to it.

Trade spitballing aside, I still do not see Dubas being able to sign Marner. I bet he gets offer sheeted in the offseason and signs elsewhere. If the Leafs do bring him back they're going to have to gut their depth to make room for his salary - I don't think a team with a 'win now' mentality should or will do that. If they do then cool, the Leafs will end up middling like the Stars/Avs/Hawks and the other teams with a solid top 6 and massive holes throughout the rest of the lineup.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Would like to have seen that graph without the data from the last 3 weeks. Still, I watch the games and he's let down my 'eye test' enough that I don't like that he's the 'star face' of the team. Doubly so since the Blues acquired O'Reilly and shows the attitude and drive that a real star possesses. Tank just reminds me of post-Red Wings Fedorov, yeah he has the tools, but you never knew if he was going to use them on a given night.

I knew I was going to regret throwing Skinner's name out as soon as I posted it. To clarify I was specifically posing that question to @LGB since he seemed willing to engage in a discussion and felt that Toronto would say no to the Tank++ offer and Skinner has the most goals of the players on the TSN trade bait board with 36. Was trying to see if he valued goal production over overall play. It's not something I would personally go for unless Buffalo added to it.

Trade spitballing aside, I still do not see Dubas being able to sign Marner. I bet he gets offer sheeted in the offseason and signs elsewhere. If the Leafs do bring him back they're going to have to gut their depth to make room for his salary - I don't think a team with a 'win now' mentality should or will do that. If they do then cool, the Leafs will end up middling like the Stars/Avs/Hawks and the other teams with a solid top 6 and massive holes throughout the rest of the lineup.
You do know that he's been recovering from shoulder surgery? It's quite possible it's just now in the last 3 weeks starting to get back to normal.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
You do know that he's been recovering from shoulder surgery? It's quite possible it's just now in the last 3 weeks starting to get back to normal.
I'm no doctor but what's the name of the ligament in your shoulder that keeps you from bending your knees?

LGB

Feb 4, 2019

I think Tarasenko is a better all-around player than you're giving him credit for. Toronto would just be stupid to trade a 21 year-old who is 13th in the league in points and has said he wants to be a leaf for life. No chance Toronto loses him to an offer-sheet. Definitely would not trade Tarasenko for Skinner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad