Who would you want to replace Blashill?

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Hitchcock will be the next coach no doubt. I'm not saying I want him, but he's the "safe" choice and will probably get them to the playoffs so Holland will be off the hot seat.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Hitchcock will be the next coach no doubt. I'm not saying I want him, but he's the "safe" choice and will probably get them to the playoffs so Holland will be off the hot seat.

Even though the rumor is that he's planning to retire after the season, anyway?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Even though the rumor is that he's planning to retire after the season, anyway?

Yeah, he's done. And just to support your assertion, it's more than a rumor. He said so himself back in the spring when he got his 1 year deal.

https://www.nhl.com/news/ken-hitchcock-signs-1-year-contract-with-blues/c-280847510

ST. LOUIS -- Ken Hitchcock is making next season his last one as a coach after signing a one-year contract to return for a sixth season with the St. Louis Blues.

"I just feel like I've got this really good year in me," Hitchcock said Tuesday. "This season has invigorated me like no season before."

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Yeah, he's done. And just to support your assertion, it's more than a rumor. He said so himself back in the spring when he got his 1 year deal.

https://www.nhl.com/news/ken-hitchcock-signs-1-year-contract-with-blues/c-280847510

Sounds like he doesn't want to coach, but you have to believe hockey is still in his blood. I wonder if an organization would try bringing him into their club for a different role?

I'm sure he has a brilliant hockey mind that should be put to good use.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Give an interim guy a shot. Then look for someone with actual experience in the summer.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Sounds like he doesn't want to coach, but you have to believe hockey is still in his blood. I wonder if an organization would try bringing him into their club for a different role?

I'm sure he has a brilliant hockey mind that should be put to good use.
TSN basically said as much (that he would be a fantastic advisor, or assistant coach).

I'd guess that he takes a year off to recharge the batteries, then finds the right advisory role. But definitely an asset for somebody.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ride this thing out, take the top 10 pick, and then let's look at who is available in the Summer.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Ride this thing out, take the top 10 pick, and then let's look at who is available in the Summer.

Pretty much. Also, the decision will have to be made if the Wings are willing to roll the dice on another unproven guy - I'm thinking of Nelson, specifically - or want to be sure to bring in someone with some sort of track record to be behind the bench. If it's the latter, I could see us sticking with Blashill just because the Wings don't like the alternatives.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Our organization promotes people inside from our organization, so Nelson it is.

Would be nice to add Hitchcock as a Vice President. Does he have some connections in Michigan?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Our organization promotes people inside from our organization, so Nelson it is.

Would be nice to add Hitchcock as a Vice President. Does he have some connections in Michigan?

Hitch is from Edmonton.

But like 25 years ago he coached the Kalamazoo Wings for a few seasons. So... not really?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Don't get me wrong cause I have been a defender of his (Blash) but with this bunch of no talent hacks who even factoring all time greats could actually get this bunch to improve? You can only polish a turd so much but ultimately it is still a turd.

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Lets start the rebuild from the top, bring Julien to Hockey Town Kenny Holland.

Played his junior hockey here in Windsor and capt of the Spitfires.

Send Blash back to GR.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Seems like a pretty big no-brainer and the kind of move the Wings used to make constantly back in the day when Mike Ilitch was in charge.

Why would he want to coach in Detroit? We won't be the only organization looking for a new head coach this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad