Speculation: Who would you take at 6?

Who would you take with 6th overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Seems like most on this board agree that the consensus top 5 is Lafreniere, Stutzle, Byfield, Drysdale, and Rossi and that we should target any of them if they fall to our pick, so assuming that doesn't happen, who do you think we should take with 6th overall?

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
If that's the board we're looking at on draft day, I say we pick Perfetti. Sanderson is a close second, but voted Perfetti for the offensive upside.

Could easily see the Ducks pick Sanderson in that spot.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I voted Raymond but Perfetti intrigues me because of the upside but I am not convinced he reaches it.

Assuming the 5 in the OP are taken I would Rank them:
Raymond
Sanderson
Perfetti
Quinn/Holtz

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
It is a difficult spot. I went with Perfetti but I feel very conflicted about it. I really like Raymond. However, I believe Ducks take Sanderson here.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Raymond. Very Fast skater with quick shot release, top notch defense, could become linemate of Zegras someday.

I feel like Raymond has the potential to be a topline forward. his defense and speed will make him dangerous in that he can pounce on mistakes and create a scoring chance. He also isn't soft and can be aggressive.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Raymond would be my choice out of that group, Sanderson would be second.

The more I see/read/watch, I think a lot of teams may have Lundell and/or Jarvis right in that mix or even ahead of some of those mentioned.

When I consider the possibility of going off the board at #6, for some reason Jarvis is the name that jumps out. Speed, skill and determination are plentiful for him, and he was really shredding it up from the New year on and had to have been rising up the rankings.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I wish there was a rankings option on these polls (as I wish would be the case for the US voting system).

My rankings would be:

1 Lucas Raymond
2 Jake Sanderson
3 Alexander Holtz
4 Cole Perfetti
5 Yaroslav Askarov

I was hoping my Ducks target guys like Marat and Ozzy, but there is no way they would draft them plus Raymond... all 5'10-5'11.... but it would be nice to have all three top picks being super skilled and FAST. But who knows... maybe with Madden being promoted he will have more sway and can at least draft a high end Russian like Marat.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I go with Raymond quite easily. I think he becomes a legit top-line wing who can impact all three zones and can be trusted in all situations.

Perfetti might be my second choice simply for the creativity and flash he brings. Some think he already has elite offensive awareness

Safest bet would be Sanderson and I wouldnt be at all surprised if the Ducks scouts LOVE his defensive polishness and see him as a top pairing Eric Johnson type. Wouldnt hate this route but I'd rather swing for the fences with one of the forwards.

More I watch Holtz the more I hope they stay away from him at 6, just like others more.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Surprised at how many more votes Raymond has than Perfetti, I was expecting this poll to be pretty close between the two.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I am trying to watch all the top guy Draft Dynasty vids again, so I will hold my pick until a few days later.
Such a great job by that guy. There are more prospect vids than previous years, and I think it was so also before the lockdown, etc. Good to see.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I am trying to watch all the top guy Draft Dynasty vids again, so I will hold my pick until a few days later.
Such a great job by that guy. There are more prospect vids than previous years, and I think it was so also before the lockdown, etc. Good to see.

If you're between those two I would watch the Scouching reports of them as well. Draft Dynasty is pretty low on Perfetti which I disagree with and not as high on Raymond either. I believe he has Holtz and Jarvis ahead of Raymond and Perfetti is outside of his top 10, per his videos.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If you're between those two I would watch the Scouching reports of them as well. Draft Dynasty is pretty low on Perfetti which I disagree with and not as high on Raymond either. I believe he has Holtz and Jarvis ahead of Raymond and Perfetti is outside of his top 10, per his videos.
Yes, good that there are different sources - should watch both of them, yes. I was on Scouching vid today and it seemed they put emphasis on fancy stats (?). Not that it is bad, depending on focus. Like I said -it's great to have multiple sources, this follow up to draft and the event itself is quite exciting and NHL should do even more to promote it.

Reactions: Goose of Reason

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Yes, good that there are different sources - should watch both of them, yes. I was on Scouching vid today and it seemed they put emphasis on fancy stats (?). Not that it is bad, depending on focus. Like I said -it's great to have multiple sources, this follow up to draft and the event itself is quite exciting and NHL should do even more to promote it.

Absolutely, I dont like Scouch as much just because I don't know how accurate his stats are when he does a 7 game sample size. I'm just a big fan of Perfetti's and found I disagreed with a good chunk of DD's video.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Absolutely, I dont like Scouch as much just because I don't know how accurate his stats are when he does a 7 game sample size. I'm just a big fan of Perfetti's and found I disagreed with a good chunk of DD's video.
I have yet to watch some film on Perfetti - I heard he is not fast and is small. But hard to argue with his numbers - looking forward to watching his vids, you have built up my hype for him :)

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

DD is definitely overly low on Perfetti and overly high on Holtz compared to other scouting reports. I think it has tainted my view of Perfetti a little bit but after going through other reports and video I’m back to being pretty high on him. I definitely see risk involved with him though.

Reactions: Goose of Reason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad