Who would you start in net for the Leafs in game 2?

Who would you start in game 2?

• Samsonov

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Woll

Votes: 43 50.0%
  • Jones

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Murray

Votes: 15 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I would play Woll, I have a lot of faith in him

But I can’t say for sure that Sammy can’t do it, he didn’t have a great game last night, but Woll might need the off season to get his game back too.

What’s Murray looked like? Lol

Reactions: authentic

Whitewolfgang

Dec 12, 2023
There was so much bad stuff happening at the same time, I had to turn down the volume during commercials and think hard on what I'd just seen to make sense of it all. Lots of things were downright bad. Goaltending was one.

I don't know that Woll is THE solution, but he is ONE of the solutions.

Maybe. I hope.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I started Jones in game 1 and we won, so I’m playing him again
:popcorn:

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Woll had a .915sv% in 4 playoff games last year which is fine and he plays a much calmer game but he hasn't found his groove since coming back.

I think I would go to Jones. Looking at his career playoff numbers he's mostly been outstanding. His 4 playoff tuns with SJ, he had a .923, .935, .928 and an .898. I know it's been a while since those years but that's a pretty darn solid track record in big games. Even last year with Seattle in 1 game he posted a shutout.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Keefe and Tre made the decision on Sammy 4 months sho on a free agent hoslie, Sammy, when they played social worker and everyone was lovey dovey, that Sammg was the answer. So 1 game you change?
They made the decision that Marner and Reilly were the answer, then why not bench them. Wtf did Reilly do?
Woll had his chance at the ring..he didn't.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Seeing 10 games of playoff Samsonov has been more than enough for me.

Dude is just way too chaotic. The completely opposite of a calming presence and what we were up against last night.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
His energy is just nervy, over compensating everywhere, just flying and flopping. I just dont see that bringing us to the promised land. He has been calm in there at times, so I don’t really get it, but he needed snorkelling equipment last night and he was fighting off every rebound.

Woll has more of a future here, rather give him a shot.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I'd go Woll.

Samsonov gave up 4, and was bailed out on posts on several occasions. Not a good game #1 from him.
I’d go Sammy for now. Woll can start at home in Game 3 if they lose tomorrow night.

Starting Woll tomorrow night pretty much destroys Sammy and if Woll looks bad, you’re in deep trouble as both goalies will be Marner “shambles in the brain” mode.

Leafy Undergrowth

Feb 4, 2013
1713706636235.png

Mar 26, 2010
You have to go with Woll. I know he is not any better but what other choice do they have. If Keefe stays with Samsonov this will be a sweep with Boston scoring 5+ goals a game.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
I know I'm going against the trend here, but I say Samsonov.

Not that I have much faith in him but I instead look at the worst case: If Woll bombs in game 2 (which is entirely possible given he hasn't been great himself lately either), then what? Jones is not a realistic option.

Keefe himself didn't put the loss on Sammy so to turn around and switch now yells desperation and would rightly lead Samsonov to complain loudly. "If it wasn't my fault, why the **** are you pulling me?"

And if he loses game 2 - even if he's not really to blame, then come back home and put Woll in. It's desperation time so fully justified. Maybe at home the team rallies around him, wins game 3 and we're back in it.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
They can go with Woll and hopefully not need to score five goals in order to win Game 2. If winning the game brings the expectation of Woll putting up a shutout like Samsonov would have had to though...

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Post injury Woll is no better than Sammy. He’s a false hope.

I’d be interested in throwing a wild card Murray out there just for the spectacle of it.

Reactions: Jojalu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad