Who would you start a team with? Three young stars.

Eric Robson

Jan 5, 2018
If you were looking at starting a team, and you could pick a young center winger and defensemen, which would they be?

Matthews, Nylander and Reilly
McDavid, Draisaitl and Klefbom
Barkov, Huberdeau and Ekblad
Gaudreau, Monahan and Hamilton
Scheifele, Laine, and Trouba
Mackinnon, Rantanen and Barrie

Or is there another young center, winger and defense that you would start your team with? Interested to see what everyone's picks are and their reasons why

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Matthews, Marner and Reilly
McDavid, Draisaitl and Klefbom
Scheifele, Laine, and Trouba
Barkov, Huberdeau and Ekblad
Mackinnon, Rantanen and Barrie
Gaudreau, Monahan and Hamilton

This way and replaced Nylander with Marner.
Can't really go wrong with 1 or 2.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Stamkos, Kucherov and Hedman
  • Lethal duo with a franchise-D, what's not to love. Nothing more needs to be said.
McDavid, Draisaitl and Nurse
  • #97 is too great to be denied & #29 has taken some steps forward this year as well, using his size at times as an asset. I went with Nurse over Klef as a personal choice. I think Klef will have a pretty good year next year, Nurse has had a good year surprisingly with the team being so bad this year, probably one of their lone bright spots along with #97.
Matthews, Marner and Rielly
  • With a healthy #34 this year, this trio easily makes it above the McDavid trio but for now it's 3rd. Marner is coming into his own, will only get more dominant in the coming years. Matty is Matty, and Rielly has had a breakout year all the fans saw coming.
MacKinnon, Rantanen and Barrie
  • MacK & Rantanen have arguably been one of the BEST duo's this year. Barrie, quietly is one point away from tying his career-high in points. Terrific, RD offensive defenseman and is still relatively young at 26 y/o. Leafs trio and Avs trio can go either way for me. I went with Leafs because I've watched all of their games since the rookies came in so I am more familiar with them, no knock on the Avs trio, clearly all 3 are having fabulous years and the Avs' playoff success largely depends on this trio, like the Leafs.
Scheifele, Laine and Trouba
  • Injuries to Scheifele & Trouba this year sorta hurt their stock in being higher on my list, but are a great trio of players for the Jets. Laine doing magnificent things this year, Scheifele has looked like a dominant #1C, and Trouba quietly as well has put up 30+ points in about 50ish games - impressive.
Barkov, Huby and Ekblad
  • This is a dark horse trio. They can definitely be in the TOP-3 on my list but with their slow start, injuries to the team they were slow out of the gate. They've been on a torrid pace the last few months, Barkov doing silky, smooth things showing everyone what a highly-skilled 6'3"+ 1C can do when they put it all together. Just a treat to see him dominate this year. Liked Huby a lot in junior but sorta struggled the first few years to put it all together. He's clearly found his way and knows how he needs to play to be successful. Ekblad, unfortunately has had bad luck with injuries the past few years which has hurt his production, but if he finds himself he can definitely put up 50 points a year, easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad