OT: Who Would You Rather See Get Into The 8th Spot? Detroit or Phoenix?

Ron*

Or even Dallas?

But the question posed is between a consensus of two hated teams from Kings' fans perspective...Detroit, a long-time can't-stand-them or Phoenix, a late-blooming hate-them-all-at-once type of team.

(Dallas actually has the best shot with a game in hand on both teams but this is about which team you can't stand getting in or not. I haven't included 'Lumbus in this discussion because hey, they are 'Lumbus, even with a Vezina-contending goalie this time around.)

Personally, I rather see Detroit take an exit for once.

Mods, I thought this deserved its own thread rather than lump it in around the league. It really is more of a perspective topic then what is actually going on on a day-to-day basis.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
I would rather see Detroit get in 8th. They're not the same team they once were, and it's very obvious this season. Phoenix is still the same team I hated last year and this year, and Dallas has proven they can beat us, so I don't want them anywhere near the playoffs.

Luuuc20

Nov 23, 2008
Detroit because they've played the Hawks extremely tough all year. Would be a great series

KingKopitar11*

Actually the stars.

Last edited by a moderator:

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
I want Coyotes though they blew a huge opportunity yesterday. I still think there will be some changes by the end of season, even Minnesota is not safe now.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Columbus or Detroit. Hate the Coyotes, and I'm convinced the Kings can't even beat the Stars AHL affiliate.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Columbus. And I think they'll do it. I'm looking forward to their game vs. Minny tonight. They are a fun team to watch and I am a huge fan of Bob and hope next year when their in the Flyers division he shuts them out if 4 games in the playoffs. So pissed they gave up on him after a brilliant rookie year.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Detroit. After the playoffs last year I hope Doan never tastes playoff hockey ever again and the closest he comes to a Stanley Cup is visiting it at the Hockey Hall of Fame like the rest of us.

Same with Smith.

**** them both.

ID

Sep 24, 2008
So cali
I hope lumbus makes it. I would also like to see the hawks and Yotes face off again, it was a great series last year.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Columbus. Their fans have suffered long enough. DO NOT WANT Dallas, chances are we'd end up playing them and get crushed...

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
**** detroit.

Anyone but detroit.

^^^^ this - an easy choice.

No love for phx of course, but det needs to miss the playoffs.

The Kings have had so many (late-in-the-game) heartbreaking losses to det over the last 10 - 15 years, that seeing them miss the POs would be an awesome thing.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Detroit and it isn't even close. Columbus would be my pick out of any the teams who could make the 8th spot though.

I know Detroit has historically been a pain in our sides, but the team they have now isn't that team. Phoenix, and especially Mike Smith, can go fall off a cliff.

Tavo

May 12, 2012
Columbus for the fans, last year was a real treat for us considering how long we've been in the league.

But if I had to pick between those 3, I'd say Dallas and hopefully we meet them in the playoffs and spank them, we need redemption. :yo:

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Columbus. And I think they'll do it. I'm looking forward to their game vs. Minny tonight. They are a fun team to watch and I am a huge fan of Bob and hope next year when their in the Flyers division he shuts them out if 4 games in the playoffs. So pissed they gave up on him after a brilliant rookie year.

Sometimes I think you and I are the same person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad