Who would you pair Rielly with next year?

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
Would it be better to have Bieksa or Boyle (if he doesn't retire) to go with Rielly? Or even Gardiner. One has a load of experience and better offensively (I believe?) while the other is tough as nails and is a rock.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
People thought ib was crazy saying Boyle 3x6 and let Phaneuf walk at the beginning of the year

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
The thing is, would his vet experience triumph Bieska's toughness. Not to mention Boyle is almost at the end of his career while Bieska still has a few more years.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Plus waiting Dion out till the end of the season would have changed things dramtically.

It was a better call in hindsight. Crazy wins!

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Trade Phaneuf+1st+ for Bennett/Reinhart(most likely edmonton, this one is a tough one)

trade Kadri for Bogosian, he's a similar level d-man to Phaneuf
pick up Fayne in UFA, 2nd-3rd pairing guy

fire carlyle, bring in new coach.

bam three small moves that instantly improve us IMO, the defence may be slightly weaker, but Phaneuf isn't getting better and has been apart of 3 collapses now. Plus we have solid prospects like Granberg coming up.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Rielly and Phaneuf are our only LHD who can play the right side comfortably... I see him palying the right side with Gleason again looking at our current situation... But we will see what happens in the summer. I think its more likely we look for a partner for Gardiner... I personally believe Gardiner-Rielly wouldn't be such a bad thing.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Trade Phaneuf+1st+ for Bennett/Reinhart(most likely edmonton, this one is a tough one)

trade Kadri for Bogosian, he's a similar level d-man to Phaneuf
pick up Fayne in UFA, 2nd-3rd pairing guy

fire carlyle, bring in new coach.

bam three small moves that instantly improve us IMO, the defence may be slightly weaker, but Phaneuf isn't getting better and has been apart of 3 collapses now. Plus we have solid prospects like Granberg coming up.

If this could be pulled off it is a no brainer. But I doubt it.

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
Completely forgot about Ranger, if we resign him, would Gleason or Ranger be better with Rielly? I'd assume the other is the 7th D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad