Who would you like to see in the playoffs?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Not sure if its even possible, but I'd like Tampa in the 1st round, I think we could walk them in 5. Montreal in the 2nd, again we can walk them, probably 6 depending how good Price decides to be. And have Boston in the conference finals. We'd likely lose, but it'd probably be one hell of a series.

this is where the stupid system is screwing me over.

how can we play
Tampa
Montreal
Boston

If We're playing Tampa
which means Boston will have to win the conference (ergo - Montreal plays Pittsburgh)

then...

it's still divisional right? so
Montreal/Boston (depending on the Metro less point getter)
Us vs Montreal (depending on metro less point getter)

and then

us/Boston?

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton
Gotta be the Habs.

The prospect of it gives me goosebumps considering I am FINALLY moving back to TO come playoffs.

Best series as of right now though... Dallas St Louis -> wow

ForSpareParts*

First round:

Possibly CBS or NYR.

Am I right on this?

Why is everyone so screwed up on the whole standings thing? If you look at the standings and you go "conference", doesn't list the teams from 1-8? Isn't that the playoff matchups?

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
this is where the stupid system is screwing me over.

how can we play
Tampa
Montreal
Boston

If We're playing Tampa
which means Boston will have to win the conference (ergo - Montreal plays Pittsburgh)

then...

it's still divisional right? so
Montreal/Boston (depending on the Metro less point getter)
Us vs Montreal (depending on metro less point getter)

and then

us/Boston?

Well coincidentally all of that may be possible... i think. If the season ended today montreal would be facing pittsburgh in the first round because Boston is now number one in the east and montreal is the lesser of the two wild cards.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Any Western Conference Team will do.

approval-people-clapping.gif

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
First round:

Possibly CBS or NYR.

Am I right on this?

Why is everyone so screwed up on the whole standings thing? If you look at the standings and you go "conference", doesn't list the teams from 1-8? Isn't that the playoff matchups?

nope - that's how it would have been if it was last year.
now you have to go to this link

Wildcard Standings

and you'll see how everything shakes down.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
First round:

Possibly CBS or NYR.

Am I right on this?

No it goes by divisions and wildcard now.

For example: In our division we have the

Atlantic
1.) Boston
2.) Toronto
3.) Tampa Bay

Metro
1.)Pittsburgh
2.)Columbus
3.)New York

WildCard (will probably change)
Montreal
Phillidelphia

So if the season ended today here's what your playoff matchups would be for the first round
1.)Boston
Philidelphia

2.) Pittsburgh
Montreal

3.) Toronto
Tampa Bay

4.) Columbus
New York

Because Boston has more points and is first in the east they get to face the weaker of the two wild cards in Philadelphia, while Pittsburgh will face Montreal. Toronto and Tbay cause they are 2 & 3 respectfully, and same goes for columbus and new york.

Jun 27, 2005
If everyone wins their games in hand, unlikely, but you should understand my point, the standings would be like this:

Pit 98
Bos 97
TB 81
Tor 80
Habs 79
PHI 79
Colb 78
Det 77
NYR 76

One of those teams isn't going to make it and two of the remaining are playing Pitts or Bos.

With TB's easier schedule they'll probably get 2nd in the division. The Leafs MUST finish ahead of the Habs or it's a wildcard spot at best and a more more probable early exit.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
Montreal for sure. When was the last time the Leafs and Habs played each other in the playoffs? I bet it was a really long time ago.

Leafs vs Habs playoff series would be so epic it would probably start a civil war in Canada!

TheThrill81*

Ok, some of you seriously don't think a Leafs/Lightning series will actually make Stammer want to play for us do you? :laugh:

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Montreal or Tampa would definitely be the easiest....

But how sweet would it be if we fell to the wildcard, and ended up beating the Bruins in round one? Oh man.

ForSpareParts*

No it goes by divisions and wildcard now.

For example: In our division we have the

Atlantic
1.) Boston
2.) Toronto
3.) Tampa Bay

Metro
1.)Pittsburgh
2.)Columbus
3.)New York

WildCard (will probably change)
Montreal
Phillidelphia

So if the season ended today here's what your playoff matchups would be for the first round
1.)Boston
Philidelphia

2.) Pittsburgh
Montreal

3.) Toronto
Tampa Bay

4.) Columbus
New York

Because Boston has more points and is first in the east they get to face the weaker of the two wild cards in Philadelphia, while Pittsburgh will face Montreal. Toronto and Tbay cause they are 2 & 3 respectfully, and same goes for columbus and new york.

Hey. Thanks for this. :)

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Smurfs or TB. imo both would be very winnable for us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad