Who would you like to see in the playoffs?

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
Okay, before everyone gets on me for jinxing everything that leafs only really need 6 more wins in 15 games to make the post season, should be doable and frankly if we can't manage that we shouldn't be in the playoffs anyways

Potential match ups range from Boston to Montreal to Tampa... so Who would you rather see in the first round?

My heart says Montreal, from a strictly entertainment perspective but the logic in me says Tampa because they seem like they would be an easier opponent now with St. Louis gone.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Tampa.

Montreal can beat Boston so let them go first. Plus if we win against Tampa, Stammer might fall in love with his hometown and come home and sign

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Montreal.

Still remember that series in the 1970's where Larry Robinson ended the Leafs season with a Tiger Williams elbowing penalty.

Leaf revenge is best served cold.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Montreal. I'd love to get the satisfaction of eliminating these French ****s.

And want Boston in the second round. Need to get revenge after last year's series.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
Boston!! Let's see how those guys would play after what happened last year. If the Leafs would win against Boston, the momentum and confidence after that would make us dangerous...

Montreal 2nd choice. What a great series this could be. It's been too long!

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Boston!! Let's see how those guys would play after what happened last year. If the Leafs would win against Boston, the momentum and confidence after that would make us dangerous...

Montreal 2nd choice. What a great series this could be. It's been too long!

I'd want a re-match with them but only in the semis or Conf.Final.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I really don't see how Tampa could stand a chance against us now with MSL gone and Bishop cooling off.

I'd take that matchup in the first and hope the Habs can make it to round 2, then take on the real challenge in the conference finals.

mikebel111*

Boston or montreal

IDK Tampa Tor series doesnt look traditional to me.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Any Western Conference Team will do.

yup. I say this every year. I can be all realistic and go 'we don't look like xyz" but there's always a Cinderella team, and the Leafs aren't your a-typical Cinderella team. No one in the eastern conference scares me [MAYBE Columbus :laugh:] i've stated my reasons why.

for the young'ins - I want the team that we can beat - but we can learn something from. I want the Leafs to claim 2nd in the Atlantic (third in the east) and lay the boom on Montreal/Tampa. the end. [if it's Montreal - how to really use that annoying scramble thing they do - it usually burns us 1-2 goals a match with them - if it's Tampa, I think it's just continually using our speed, and not stop/start/stop/start so much].

then depending on how things shake down for the 2nd round, we potentially face Boston. I'm sorry - they do not scare me. They didn't scare me last year, they didn't scare me this year. the reason why we lost the 2 games was because our PK was going through that epic swan dive [it took like what? 5 goals scored on the PP before they got an ES goal? - that's how bad our PK was at that point] We were on par with them on ES - the end.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Not sure if its even possible, but I'd like Tampa in the 1st round, I think we could walk them in 5. Montreal in the 2nd, again we can walk them, probably 6 depending how good Price decides to be. And have Boston in the conference finals. We'd likely lose, but it'd probably be one hell of a series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad