Who would you have wanted Benning to pay more for forward help?

Tim McCracken

Good loser = LOSER!
Jan 4, 2010
Jail
Well, a lot of complaining about the lack forward help bought today. So what would have your plan been? Who would you have paid more to?

Players, $$$, and term like:
Jarome Iginla [3 years, $5.33M AAV] ‎

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Well, a lot of complaining about the lack forward help bought today. So what would have your plan been? Who would you have paid more to?

Players, $$$, and term like:
Jarome Iginla [3 years, $5.33M AAV] ‎

We were more then one UFA forward away from competing. Either go all in and sign two big names or don't do anything at all. Im fine with Miller. It lets lack marinate and bit longer under Miller now.

Edit: You also have 666 posts. Get rid of that. Quick!

realist99

May 3, 2010
None.

Thankfully Benning didn't overpay or over term on any of those forwards. Not worth it.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
We could have priced Florida out of the Bolland sweepstakes at around $6M per :sarcasm:

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
Vanek [4 years, $8M]
Greiss[1 year, $1.5M]

Trade Edler + Hansen --> Byfuglien

Sedin-Sedin-Vanek
Jensen-Bonino-Kassian
Higgins-Horvat-Burrows
Matthias-Vey-Dorsett
Richardson

Hamhuis-Byfuglien
Sbisa-Tanev
Stanton-Bieksa
Corrado

Lack
Greiss

4.7M in cap space

---

would have offered

Cammalleri [5 years, $5M]
Brad Richards [1-2 year(s), $3-3.5M]
Moulson [5 years, $4.5M (probably would have done $5M too)]
Grabovski[2 years, $3.25M]

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Absolutely not! There are no game breaking forwards available and the money thrown around today was disgusting. There are already a few buy out candidates today around the league who haven't even played a single game for their new clubs. Iwould have puked if the Canucks were attached to any one of the deals signed today.

People need to get with reality and understand that none of the players who were available via UFA today would have changed our chances. There were no game game breaking players or franchise type players. This team is not anywhere close to being able to compete with the top teams in the league, signings today or not.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
It is day 1 of free agency and many teams over paid today I am thinking Benning is watching teams against the cap as well as the available ufa list .
I do believe the Canucks will have made a few more moves by the time training camp opens .

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
It doesn't matter how much we want to overpay if they don't want to play here. I'm sure the Canucks offered Iginla at least 6.5 mill.

Startel

ChuckBartowskiMovie
Feb 15, 2014
Grabo or Vrbata both solid additions to the top 6 either would be helpful

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Where did you see that? Any links?

He said he was sure. As in he wouldn't be surprised. As I wouldn't be surprised either. Seems like something the Aquamen would do to get more buts in seats. Iggy wouldn't have gotten us any closer to the playoffs. This team is going to have a cpl of hard seasons for us fans to have to live through.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
It is day 1 of free agency and many teams over paid today I am thinking Benning is watching teams against the cap as well as the available ufa list .
I do believe the Canucks will have made a few more moves by the time training camp opens .

Yeah I think we will see another trade at least. There is too much room to stop. Maybe sign Grabvoski and then trade for a LW.

Or just let Horvat play it out on the 2nd line.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
He said he was sure. As in he wouldn't be surprised. As I wouldn't be surprised either. Seems like something the Aquamen would do to get more buts in seats. Iggy wouldn't have gotten us any closer to the playoffs. This team is going to have a cpl of hard seasons for us fans to have to live through.

Yeah we can thank the moron who owns this team. I wish Benning would snap back and say **** off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad