HF Habs: Who would you have drafted? 2020 edition READ OP

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Forgot to post it here (they all didn't play yet anyway, but Nybeck with a slow start in the SHL)
16: Lukas Reichel - LW - DEL [17]
47: Jan Mysak - C/LW - OHL [48]
48: Tristen Robins - RW - WHL [56]
102: Martin Chromiak - RW - OHL [128]
109: Zion Nybeck - LW - SHL [115]
124: Brett Berard LW - USHL [134]
136: Veeti Miettinen RW - Jr. A SM-liiga - [168]
171: Ronan Seeley - D - OHL - [208]

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
you just have to hope they didn't f*** up this draft as many would be going nuts over Chinakhov had he been our pick since we so badly needed another forward to go with Caufield. And there's the media and some locals that will be so pissed if either Mercer, Lapierre, or to a lesser extent Perreault perhaps.

But we'll see how it works out, I don' get why like the '19 draft they had to pick overagers at the end there but I so far from the little i've seen I do like the smith, biondi, farrell picks and since I don't follow the draft i don't know who they should have picked. There's always going to be some dumb throw away picks like whatever they thought they saw in Crisp, Koberstein, Lernout, Staum, Houde, Walford, etc....it makes you wonder why they chose those players when other players at least appeared more interesting to some. We know that most picks aren't going to amount to shit either way but still want to see them do better then they have been doing.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
16: Dawson Mercer
47: Luke Tuch
48: Jan Mysak
102: Jan Bednar
109: William Villeneuve
124: Sean Farrell
136: William Dufour
171: Ronan Seeley

Montreals Forum

Oct 27, 2020
I didn't follow the predraft as much as I normally would.
Guhle sounds freaking awesome though.
I like his pedigree, from what I gather he was the WHL # 1 pick in his bantam draft year, and is a WHL/Memorial cup champ.
Skating, size is there... 10 + goals from the point in his draft year,

I'm holding high Hope's, but I'm hoping hes going to be Weber's replacement over time (opposite side I know, but by way of leadership and stability).
That being said he could totally be out of that range, but it's my hope he can get there. He does seem to do a lot of things well... and a top 2 d man is valuable any way its sliced up.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
if the leafs had picked Guhle, who do you think the Habs end up picking?

Mercer. I can’t see the Habs drafting Schneider. He was the only other top defenceman left but he plays too much of a style like multiple other Habs defence prospects. With the Habs drafting Tuch and adding size in the offseason (Edmundson, Anderson, Toffoli) it is clear that the idea is to get bigger and play a tougher game.

Now I am not going to call Mercer a physical player but he is the jack of all trades type of player who should be able to play up and down the lineup. He is very tough to play against. He fits the direction that the team is headed and was arguably the BPA forward left available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad