Proposal: Who would you go get?

burrythebiscuit*

Mar 6, 2016
Hey fellow wingers, hope you guys are enjoying the weekend.

I was thinking who I would pick to add to the wings if anyone. Including that super star down to the guy you think could provide that piece to the puzzle.

Edit: never mind the proposal part I subtracted

Last edited:

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Hey fellow wingers, hope you guys are enjoying the weekend.

I was thinking who I would pick to add to the wings if anyone. Including that super star down to the guy you think could provide that piece to the puzzle.

Make a proposal and for who. Let's keep this honest . Come up what you think is fair. I'll start.

My proposal:

To Detroit:

Justin Faulk

To Carolina:

Robbie Russo
Evegny Svechnikov
Gustav Nyquist
2017 First

Close in value I think, maybe an overpay that would hurt. Probably something canes fans might not do. Up for discussion and add your own!

It's not bad value wise, but need wise Carolina isn't dealing Faulk. If Faulk was available then this offer would get tossed aside.

More teams would offer more established assets, or those with higher pedigree.

Reserve an EDIT for proposal.

EDIT:

Tomas Tatar
Brendan Smith

For

Fabbro
Riberio
Girard

Last edited:

burrythebiscuit*

Mar 6, 2016
It's not bad value wise, but need wise Carolina isn't dealing Faulk. If Faulk was available then this offer would get tossed aside.

More teams would offer more established assets, or those with higher pedigree.

Reserve an EDIT for proposal.

I don't understand the last part. Sorry I'm newer and still trying to get the hang of things. No offence was meant

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Your proposed trade is absolutely awful for the Canes. Sorry but it is not realistic at all.

burrythebiscuit*

Mar 6, 2016
Your proposed trade is absolutely awful for the Canes. Sorry but it is not realistic at all.

Just trying to see who people would pick in the league to join the wings. Should of shortened it without the proposal, so there it is guys just who would you pick if anyone screw the offers

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
Just trying to see who people would pick in the league to join the wings. Should of shortened it without the proposal, so there it is guys just who would you pick if anyone screw the offers

I don't understand why the Wings wouldn't have made some offer on Schultz who signed with the Penguins for like 1.2 million? Was making over 3 before the Pens got him. He actually played great in their Cup run.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Because Justin Schultz is a bad defenseman. He played okay because a good chunk of Pittsburgh's blue line is really good. Ours is not.

One thing that is easy to miss is that an abysmal defenseman can get hidden in a good defense and not look that bad. See basically the Wings third pairing when they had Rafalski, Lidstrom, Kronner, and Stuart. It basically didn't matter who defense #5 and 6 were because that top 4 was so good.

If you brought Justin Schultz to the Red Wings, you'd be calling for him to be demoted or cut or shipped to China in a poorly ventilated box within a month because you'd see he's awful.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Love Justin Faulk, legit young number 1 TWD.

Trying to be realistic, here's some potential offers of sorts. It's not a number one, but it's a top four D that will help bump a lot of guys down.

To Winnipeg:
Brendan Smith
Tomas Nosek
2017 3rd rounder/2nd if Myers reaches 30 points

To Detroit:
Tyler Myers

- Winnipeg needs LHD with Trouba and Buff likely the 1-2 defensively. Smith's had his chances here but could flourish elsewhere. Winnipeg's bottom line has been weak more times than not and Nosek should be able to help the PK. Also get a pick. They're good at the winger position.

To Anaheim:
2017 Red Wings 1st
Tomas Jurco
Xavier Ouellet

To Detroit:
Cam Fowler

- Anaheim seems to be in an odd position to me. Could obviously see them looking towards a winger like Tatar, but could be used elsewhere. They get a young D coming in, a winger in change of a team, and a first rounder. I don't think Fowler's value is as sky high as others seem to think.

Other available D seem to be Jacob Trouba to an extent, and of course, Kevin Shattenkirk. If Chris Tanev becomes available, that would be awesome. With Jim Benning though, Vancouver would be looking to contend.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Because Justin Schultz is a bad defenseman. He played okay because a good chunk of Pittsburgh's blue line is really good. Ours is not.

One thing that is easy to miss is that an abysmal defenseman can get hidden in a good defense and not look that bad. See basically the Wings third pairing when they had Rafalski, Lidstrom, Kronner, and Stuart. It basically didn't matter who defense #5 and 6 were because that top 4 was so good.

If you brought Justin Schultz to the Red Wings, you'd be calling for him to be demoted or cut or shipped to China in a poorly ventilated box within a month because you'd see he's awful.

There's nothing great about Pittsburgh's D. It's been a problem for years. They just clicked, the entire team with Mike Sullivan coming in. Went from Sidney Crosby struggling, bad D, out of the playoffs to a massive run to teh Stanley Cup Finals.

Justin Schultz wasn't a solution or problem. I still think he can do wonders outside of Edmonton.

Kris Letang was sooooo good though.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Tatar + Sheahan for Fowler
So much this. ^

Fowler would be a good first step in stabilizing this mess, and is on a very reasonable contract.

Anaheim needs forwards. Tatar actually has a significantly better PPG against the Western Conference than the East. Sheahan is an intriguing depth center.

It's got win-win written all over it. If only the GMs could realize that and pull the trigger. Honestly, I'd even be willing to go Tatar + AA for Fowler if absolutely necessary. Forwards are a whole lot easier to find than defensemen.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
There's a lot of good young defenseman I'd be happy to add to this team.

I think there is 1 of 2 issues preventing us from making such a trade

1) Out assets excluding Larkin just aren't good enough to get that type of deal done.

or

2) They are, but Holland is unwilling to part with them.

Either way there seems to be an issue. We've been on the trade block consistently for like the last 3-4 years looking for a defenseman, and haven't acquired a single one.

burrythebiscuit*

Mar 6, 2016
Thanks guys for getting what I was getting at. This is meant as a fun Convo and expressing ideas. And frk it your dead on about the two reasons Holland won't make a move.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
So much this. ^

Fowler would be a good first step in stabilizing this mess, and is on a very reasonable contract.

Anaheim needs forwards. Tatar actually has a significantly better PPG against the Western Conference than the East. Sheahan is an intriguing depth center.

It's got win-win written all over it. If only the GMs could realize that and pull the trigger. Honestly, I'd even be willing to go Tatar + AA for Fowler if absolutely necessary. Forwards are a whole lot easier to find than defensemen.

I feel like Tatar + Sheahan actually has more value than Tatar + AA. Sheahan is a pretty well proven young player in the league. AA is not yet.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I feel like Tatar + Sheahan actually has more value than Tatar + AA. Sheahan is a pretty well proven young player in the league. AA is not yet.
Possibly, but it also depends on what types of players the trade partner is interested in.

I've heard more overall interest in AA than Sheahan (from those fans who seem to be in the know) on the Ducks board, but take that for what it's worth, I guess.

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
What I would like:
Nyquist+ for Fowler
DDK+1st+ for Trouba

Makes out defense much more promising. The value of pluses can be negotiated.

burrythebiscuit*

Mar 6, 2016

Hate to break it but people don't value Sheahen like we do. I love both though. But at the same time you can't compare the time they have had in the nhl. I think on a league basis AA is more valuable

burrythebiscuit*

Mar 6, 2016
What I would like:
Nyquist+ for Fowler
DDK+1st+ for Trouba

Ouch , at that point just combine the assets and overpay for a true cut dman. I mean Nyquist, DDK, 1st, any two adds is a huge package

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
What I would like:
Nyquist+ for Fowler
DDK+1st+ for Trouba

Gustav Nyquist isn't moving. Tomas Tatar definitely moves before him. Nyquist has the Swedish factor, and is really close to Zetterberg. I think Z would have a serious impact on that trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad