Robertson - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Clifford - Engvall - Spezza

Rielly-Ceci
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Barrie

Andersen

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The Isles won 3 playoff series and a play-in round the last two years and the Leafs haven't proven they can do anything in the playoffs. Pretty simple choice.
They also finished ahead in regular season standings the past two years as well.

Reactions: Hot Pockets

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Pretty sure the 7 game series in question is a playoff series though
I’m just saying, there is no measurable results based metric that the leafs have come out on top over the islanders in the past two years. AKA- since Tavares left the islanders for a better chance of winning with the leafs.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Right now? I think the Islanders are extra tired, and have several guys banged up. But the Leafs have been golfing for 6 weeks. This is a tough one. :huh:

Reactions: SheldonJPlankton

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I’m just saying, there is no measurable results based metric that the leafs have come out on top over the islanders in the past two years. AKA- since Tavares left the islanders for a better chance of winning with the leafs.

In an ideal world I would agree with you that the team that has performed better over the larger sample size is most likely the better team, but this is the NHL playoffs. I'm not even talking about the rhetoric of "heart" and "leaving it all out on the ice", the rules of the game are noticeably different in the playoffs. Until the Leafs prove they can win with a playoff rulebook I wouldn't pick them.

This also ignores that I think a Trotz system team would be a nightmare for the Leafs.

Nautica54

Nov 28, 2015

Honestly don't know how much JT cares about winning. I think he chased the $$ + the chance to be a b***h be able to post pictures of himself in his Jammie.

JT comes across as a loser. While the isles got trotz, that team also never looked as unified vs. when pajama boy was moping around when things wouldn't go his way.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The Leafs could also have extended the lead, since Isles were in a position to miss and skidding.
I’m looking at it not if a full 82 games were played, bit at least if the teams played an even amount of games. Even if just allowing the Ike’s to play the 2 games they have in habs to make the games played even.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I’m looking at it not if a full 82 games were played, bit at least if the teams played an even amount of games. Even if just allowing the Ike’s to play the 2 games they have in habs to make the games played even.

They were still in a whale of losing streak. The Leafs were playing pretty well.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Honestly don't know how much JT cares about winning. I think he chased the $$ + the chance to be a b***h be able to post pictures of himself in his Jammie.

JT comes across as a loser. While the isles got trotz, that team also never looked as unified vs. when pajama boy was moping around when things wouldn't go his way.
I don’t know about him caring or being a loser in terms of his competitiveness, but it wasn’t just money. San Jose had an offer ready for him at 2M more per.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
The Isles play a style that is kryptonite to the Leafs right now. I think it'd go 7 games, and I'm pretty sure the Leafs would put on a crappy performance and lose it 4-1 or something.

I do think someone is coming across as a loser in this post, and it's definitely not JT.

Reactions: Metroid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad