Who Would win in a 7 Game Series Islanders vs Leafs

Islanders vs Leafs

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Isles in 7, because the leafs love to push the series to the final game before imploding.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
If I’m a Leafs fan I hope they get completely embarrassed in the playoffs next year.

While who knows if the Bolts can finish the job, getting swept last year has made this mentally weak team actually give a damn and it has truly been beautiful to watch.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
You always go with history and the answer is pretty obvious, so clearly an agenda behind this thread lmao.

But talking hockey, the Isles are a more talented version of CBJ with a coach that has set in place a system that is an absolute nightmare for the Leafs, while still being able to score. They would have trouble getting past the neutral zone.

Isles in 5. Tampa is far superior to the Leafs.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
The isles are just a better team than Toronto right now and it’s really not worth discussing further

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
ThePoint's preview of the Jackets-Leafs series pretty much nailed it. Called the Jackets in 5 and explained why very accurately. The Isles would pose the same stylistic problem for the Leafs.

The tw0 biggest issues are that the Leafs struggle against a heavy forecheck, and they rely a lot on rush scoring. But the Isles/Jackets don't trade rushes. It turns the series into a contest of who wins the cycle game and the Leafs struggle there.

I'm not sure there is any team the Leafs could beat in a 7 game series at this point

I think this greatly overstates their issue.

In my opinion the Leafs wouldn't be favored versus the Lightning and they are a poor stylistic matchup versus the Jackets/Isles/Bruins.

But they haven't been an easy out for anyone, and I might favor them against 20 or so teams, even factoring in that it's not a playoff style roster.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Incorrect. This season the Leafs had 81 to the Isles 80pts.

Regular season standings are determined by points percentage when teams have not played an equal number of games. The post that you responded to was actually correct, and you are actually incorrect; the Islanders were ahead of the Leafs in the standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad