• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
If last draft I was against drafting Broberg, Cozens and Podkolzin , this draft I don't dislike anyone. I will be fine with Drysdale, Rossi,Raymond, Askarov, Sanderson, Perfetti. Best scenario if we trade down and get extra early second round

I am not in favor of trading down if it means we're stuck with a winger.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Just glancing at the poll and it’s funny the loudest crowds are Rossi and Perfetti but the two biggest vote getters are Raymond and drysdale. Interesting.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
I don't know, the poll is flawed. It says who would Detroit pick in the thread title, and who should Detroit pick in the poll. Those are 2 different questions.
Yes I pointed that out earlier. Still interesting the the two most talked about aren’t the two most voted. Based on either question.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Just glancing at the poll and it’s funny the loudest crowds are Rossi and Perfetti but the two biggest vote getters are Raymond and drysdale. Interesting.

speaking as someone with a Raymond vote that's talked about those others in here him and Perfetti are really close for me but Perfetti is just a lot more intriguing to talk about because he could potentially be a Center(not that I fully buy he will be but it's at least a realistic possibility)

Reactions: SirloinUB

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Like I said, Datsyuk is in contention for "best I ever saw."
It was painfully obvious for the better part of 10 years in Detroit.
There won't ever be another like him.

Other guys could match his "flash" (otherworldly skill) from time to time. But nobody did what Datsyuk did on such a regular basis. Nobody. Ever. That I've ever seen.

Its crazy how much Datsyuk put people on the edge of their seats. Watching him in his prime when you would see 13 on the ice you would sit up and focus just because you didnt know what crazy thing he was gonna do next. I did the same thing when a winger would pick the puck up along the boards if Kronwall was on the ice.

This team has no one right now that makes you perk up like that. Theres a couple guys available at 4 that could bring that wow factor back to the wings though

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Datsyuk was the most special player we will ever get to watch in our lifetime. Calling him a magician is an understatement, he could do impossible things at impossible times and made it look like he was just fooling around.

I remember the video of him and Zetterberg doing a little one-on-one practice and completely dominated Zetterberg. Zetterberg couldn't even sniff the puck. Datsyuk was just playing with him.

Datsyuk is the Wayne Gretzky of puck dynamics. We are lucky to have witnessed that. Our great great great grandchildren will only get to watch grainy videos (to their standards) of it in amazement.

I want to see the NHL create a "Datsyuk Trophy" ala Calder Trophy. He deserves it.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Datsyuk was the most special player we will ever get to watch in our lifetime. Calling hikym a magician is an understatement, he could do impossible things at impossible times and made it look like he was just fooling around.

I remember the video of him and Zetterberg doing a little one-on-one practice and completely dominated Zetterberg. Zetterberg couldn't even sniff the puck. Datsyuk was just playing with him.

Datsyuk is the Wayne Gretzky of puck dynamics. We are lucky to have witnessed that. Our great great great grandchildren will only get to watch grainy videos (to their standards) of it in amazement.

I want to see the NHL create a "Datsyuk Trophy" ala Calder Trophy. He deserves it.
Hockey is progressing , players getting better and better. Datsyuk just ahead of his time. You never know , Rossi might become just like Pavel especially he is his favorite all time player. I've seen Hirvonen makes some moves simular to Pavel . I remember when Gretzky stopped , other players could not stopped, because they were not as good skaters. If we transfer Great one in his prime in today game he will not be that great simply because everyone else is much better in today game

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
My impression of this is how opinions have changed since the topic was started on June 12th.
You can change your vote in this poll, so I don't think that's the case. Raymond/Drysdale are the safe picks, in fact I think Raymond votes are still increasing.

The debate is really if Rossi or Perfetti can play C in the NHL. If there was high confidence that either of them could be 2C, then I don;t think there would be that much of a debate considering ow bad this tea needs a 2C.

Watch Stevie disappoint everyone by picking Sanderson, lol. 2C and LHD are the 2 biggest positional needs, though with a top 5 pick you would expect BPA.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
i flip opinion on this several times a week , perfetti vs drysdale . todays its drysdale because i think chances of perfetti busting are greater than drysdale because perfetti both small and not a great skater . where as drysdale small but is a great skater , his skating will enable him to be an excellent puck possesion player that can use his skating to hold onto the puck and skate it out of danger in own end and into opponant zone . and dmen that can keep your end tidy are like gold . then when opponants have puck he can hound anybody all 200' being a pain to make progress against while also picking alot of pockets . maybe wont have the highest goal totals amongst nhl dmen but he will be just as valuable as many of the higher scoring dmen for different reasons . and as a smallish body his shot should improve as he fills out . and team canada didnt give him a C just for kicks . you cant worry about the righty dman issue if you think hes bpa because theres way too many high pix that bust so have to go with your highest ranked player . and hes said to be 5'11'' so could end up 190lb which isnt super tiny at all

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Its crazy how much Datsyuk put people on the edge of their seats. Watching him in his prime when you would see 13 on the ice you would sit up and focus just because you didnt know what crazy thing he was gonna do next. I did the same thing when a winger would pick the puck up along the boards if Kronwall was on the ice.

This team has no one right now that makes you perk up like that. Theres a couple guys available at 4 that could bring that wow factor back to the wings though
Exactly... I remember the first ever NHL game I saw in person was on a hockey trip in u14s in Arizona. Our whole team went to the game and by the end of the 2nd period, literally everyone on my team was saying "get Datsyuk the puck" every time he was out there. It was insane how entertaining he was, not to mention how effective he was. He ended up getting the game winner also (game were Bryzgalov slammed his stick on the ice when Datsyuk scored with a few minutes left). I don't think we will see a player like Datsyuk for awhile.

Reactions: lilidk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad