Who would be the first two Blue Jackets to touch the Stanley Cup if they won?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
2 guys born in 1999 :sarcasm:

If it were me picking I think I'd pick Mackenzie (the oldest) & Boll (the most tenure).

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Bob who then has to give it to Foligno after being bear-hugged with a big "BOBROVSKY". Foligno doesn't let go until Bob gives up the cup.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
I think Dubinsky would get the cup. He has been the one that has handled the ceremonial puck drops all year. I'm not sure who he would hand it to.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
It'll be an untr00 cup win if they win without a captain. I'd rather decline.

I imagine Dubinsky and JJ frantically playing a game of rock-paper-scissors for it before the cup presentation.

Last edited:

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Is there a rule it has to be a captain or alternate? My best guess is Johnson as he's been here longer than Dubi, if we made it to the finals, most likely, Boll wouldn't be playing if Foligno, Horton and Umberger are all back in the lineup.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'll play - except I'm no good at predictions, so I'll tell you how I think it should go in that most unlikely event...

Jack Johnson gets it first from the commissioner and from there it goes to Jared Boll. DMac would also be a good consideration.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The normal order is captain and from then on by seniority. We don't have a captain, so do it by seniority and start with D-Mac. I'd love to see him be the first to lift it. It would be so meaningful and fitting that the first Jacket to lift the cup is a fourth liner.

And now back to reality....

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
The normal order is captain and from then on by seniority. We don't have a captain, so do it by seniority and start with D-Mac. I'd love to see him be the first to lift it. It would be so meaningful and fitting that the first Jacket to lift the cup is a fourth liner.

And now back to reality....

Seniority via age or tenure? Age is D-Mac and tenure is Boll, of course.

I say on the outside chance this becomes a reality, the cup goes to Bob. ( who would have to play lights out in order for us to even be in that position.)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Seniority via age or tenure? Age is D-Mac and tenure is Boll, of course.

I say on the outside chance this becomes a reality, the cup goes to Bob. ( who would have to play lights out in order for us to even be in that position.)

Age, also known as tenure in life. Tenure with the Jackets is baloney, not really a distinction anybody should have wanted. That and D-Mac > Boll.

Ceff Jarter

Registered Duster
Aug 6, 2012
The fifth line. Seriously. They pass the cup all the way around NWA like 2nd grade show 'n tell.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Who is worried about it? I acknowledged it was a "crazy scenario" in my original post. It's just for fun.

I hear ya. I just hope no fans from the Bruins, Blackhawks, Penguins, etc see a thread where the fans of a team that has never won one playoff game is discussing who would lift the Cup first. I know its just for fun but man let a Flyers fan get ahold of that.

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
I hear ya. I just hope no fans from the Bruins, Blackhawks, Penguins, etc see a thread where the fans of a team that has never won one playoff game is discussing who would lift the Cup first. I know its just for fun but man let a Flyers fan get ahold of that.

If a Flyers' fan cares it means the Jackets are playing them. And if that happens it means Columbus took out Pittsburgh. And if that happens the Flyers' fans have a lot more to be concerned about.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Who is worried about it? I acknowledged it was a "crazy scenario" in my original post. It's just for fun.

Debbie downers want to ruin everything eh... ;) I think JJ gets the cup first, then Dubi, then Bob, then Foligno then Joey.... Umberger should get a touch too...

If Nash is in the stands he should get the rag used to shine up the cup... :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille