Speculation: Who would be a good value 3C or an older 2C

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Poehling & Evans

if Ryan doesnt show hes ready then you trade for one,shoudlnt be hard to get a 3rd line center but imo Poehling will be ready he was great for us in Laval last season

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Poehling & Evans

if Ryan doesnt show hes ready then you trade for one,shoudlnt be hard to get a 3rd line center but imo Poehling will be ready he was great for us in Laval last season

I really hope Poehling shows up and looks great at camp and takes the 3C role. Then push Evans down to the 4th line and we should be looking good in the bottom 6.

Hoffman - Poehling - Gallagher
Perrault - Evans - Armia

Is pretty solid.

Reactions: Nico Cauzuki

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Habs will go with this... With lots of solid wingers. It's a team strength.

2CA/2CB: Suzuki and Dvorak

3CA: Evans

3CB: One of Paquette, Perreault, Drouin, Poehling.

There is no 1st line or 4th line with the Habs. Ducharme is going to roll lines due to usage. We are not that desperate to add a center at this stage. If Bozak wanted to play on our "4th" line and sign for a 1 year cheap deal, we would be interested in adding more depth. However, I think Bozak is looking for a more stable job
I think Bozak would be happy to just sign a piece of paper with his name on it

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Bozak would be happy to just sign a piece of paper with his name on it

Very possible but we don't know if he has several offers that he is considering. He's probably looking for more than a depth role and going to wait it out. His age 34 season was not very good last year and it's a sample size that he is no longer the guy he was. Still good on faceoffs though

A bad season in a contract year at age 34? I'd offer the league min or a tryout in camp. Other teams probably offering similar

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
I really hope Poehling shows up and looks great at camp and takes the 3C role. Then push Evans down to the 4th line and we should be looking good in the bottom 6.

Hoffman - Poehling - Gallagher
Perrault - Evans - Armia

Is pretty solid.
agree Poehling deserves hes chance with the team if it doesnt work out you trade for a 3c

Jan 21, 2018
I'm high on Suzuki and now that we have Dvorak, I feel much better about our 2C

Dude give it a rest, we get that you want everyone to believe that you got an “upgrade” by acquiring Dvorak, while conveniently ignoring that you gave up 3rd overall+ to acquire him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
agree Poehling deserves hes chance with the team if it doesnt work out you trade for a 3c

Evans is the 3C. Poehling would have to come to camp and put on a show to push Evans down. I value Poehling but I see this season as a transition year. 50% of AHL games and 50% of NHL games or something like that.

Management is just as high on Evans as they were with Danault when we traded Eller to make room.

Jan 21, 2018
There are reasons why he don't have a contract yet. If the Habs sign Bozak, it's for a 4C role, not for 3C. He had an off year (contract year) at age 34 and it was one of his worse seasons in a while. Trying to pick him up for 3C usage is a reach at this point. 4C is doable.

I feel like Bozak put up similar points per game as Dvorak last season lol

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dude give it a rest, we get that you want everyone to believe that you got an “upgrade” by acquiring Dvorak, while conveniently ignoring that you gave up 3rd overall+ to acquire him.

Where KK was picked does hurt but that's old news now. Of course we would have preferred to acquire Dvorak by not using KK but Canes forced our hand. You should also give it a rest.

* Suzuki (age 21) vs Suzuki (age 22)
* Danault vs Dvorak
* Evans (age 24) vs Evans (age 25)

We let Danault walk and some people had KK penciled in as 2C which was a joke! Canes will play KK on wing. Habs upgraded and can KK burn us? Possible yes but he might also continue to have more years of struggle. Picking up Dvorak for his prime years and on a value contract was a good move by the Habs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I feel like Bozak put up similar points per game as Dvorak last season lol

If you think Bozak at age 34 was as good as Dvorak at age 24, you can talk to someone else. Your narratives are disingenuous and going to cause stupid post wars.

Your style of posts we see reeks of Habs hate. I dare you to keep up the Bozak vs Dvorak narrative... see where that gets you with other posters.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He has become much better at it over his time with the Blues.

Blues picked him up for good mature years (30-34 range). Blues also tried to use him more with defensive zone situations (63% D zone starts vs 50/50 before) and it didn't end up well in his age 34 season. His corsi for was like 40%

Bozak is not the guy he was at this stage. Still good on faceoffs but best to consider him a 4C or depth forward.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Just because a draft pick didn't work out doesn't mean the team didn't get a current upgrade.. Currently, Dvorak is an upgrade.

Jan 21, 2018
Just because a draft pick didn't work out doesn't mean the team didn't get a current upgrade.. Currently, Dvorak is an upgrade.

Oh my mistake, I didn’t realize that draft picks have to develop before they are 21.

Again, Dvorak is not an upgrade on 3rd overall+. Chicago selected Dach with their 3rd overall pick the following year, do you think they would trade him for Dvorak who is obviously a better player as of today?

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
If the Flames crash and burn this year, Backlund. Either a great 2C or one of the best 3Cs in the league.

We have absolutely no one trending to replace him. I'd say Monahan is more expendable assuming he gets his shot back before the deadline.

Jan 21, 2018
If you think Bozak at age 34 was as good as Dvorak at age 24, you can talk to someone else. Your narratives are disingenuous and going to cause stupid post wars.

Your style of posts we see reeks of Habs hate. I dare you to keep up the Bozak vs Dvorak narrative... see where that gets you with other posters.

I made one post comparing Bozak and Dvorak’s points per game from last season. I think it was 0.48 vs 0.55, but certainly close enough that it’s a valid point.

By your logic, a 34 year old (that can be had for free) has similar production as Dvorak (who you gave up 3rd overall + for ). Bozak should be a great addition for the Habs if he can produce similarly to your #2C.

My narratives are all backed up by facts. Am I lying when I state that the Habs essentially gave up 3rd overall + additional assets for Dvorak? That seems like a fact. Yet Habs fans are claiming that they upgraded their #2C, which seems like more of an opinion to me. Otherwise, recent 3rd overall pick’s like Dach/Stutzle etc would have been offered for Dvorak a long time ago.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I made one post comparing Bozak and Dvorak’s points per game from last season. I think it was 0.48 vs 0.55, but certainly close enough that it’s a valid point.

By your logic, a 34 year old (that can be had for free) has similar production as Dvorak (who you gave up 3rd overall + for ). Bozak should be a great addition for the Habs if he can produce similarly to your #2C.

My narratives are all backed up by facts. Am I lying when I state that the Habs essentially gave up 3rd overall + additional assets for Dvorak? That seems like a fact. Yet Habs fans are claiming that they upgraded their #2C, which seems like more of an opinion to me. Otherwise, recent 3rd overall pick’s like Dach/Stutzle etc would have been offered for Dvorak a long time ago.

Dvorak > Bozak. I'm wasting my time on that conversation and I don't care if your stats checking is accurate or not. Not surprised that you evaluate players with points only after I realized you are a Leafs fan. Typical approach. Who cares about 200' hockey. Lets run and gun! Trying to compare Bozak at age 34 to Dvorak at age 24 is just more evidence.

Leafs should trade Kerfoot for a bag of pucks and sign Bozak! Wait, nobody wants Kerfoot at that cap hit.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I was going to say Getzlaf. Perry one year, Getzlaf the next. I have no idea what the Habs are doing now. Maybe they can try Drouin at centre again? Since the wings are stacked. Honestly I could see a Drouin for Kadri trade, if Newhook or Bowers emerge in Colorado.

Even if Newhook or Bowers emerge in Colorado, why would the Avs give up Kadri for a more expensive guy we don't want or need? Why not just keep Kadri for this run and let him walk as a UFA instead?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Even if Newhook or Bowers emerge in Colorado, why would the Avs give up Kadri for a more expensive guy we don't want or need? Why not just keep Kadri for this run and let him walk as a UFA instead?

I don't know Drouin has a kind of potential that many players don't. A high skill level, and speed to burn. Montreal has been kind of a pressure cooker for him. Put him on a line with Mackinnon and you might have something like you saw with Suzuki in the playoff bubble. Some real dangerous talent. I'd chew on that one if I was Colorado. Kadri's history of being suspended in a first round makes him a real question mark.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I'm high on Suzuki and now that we have Dvorak, I feel much better about our 2C, however, there is no such thing as too many decent centers.

We know that Bbinz is an absolute miser with his young core which would be......CC, Suzuki, Romanov, Guhle, Harris, Dvorak.

We can assume that Habs 2023 1st, and several regulars not named Savard, Gally, Price and Petry are available. Besides, they would exceed the value of a 3C. So would Toffoli and Anderson.

So for a 1st and/or Drouin, Poehling, Evans, Struble, Chiarot, Edmumdson, Kulak, Lehkonen, Armia, or some combination of, who could be had as a 3C or better?

And remember, we just got young Dvorak for a 1st and a 3rd. Players like Lehky and Armia alone would have the same value as a lesser 3C.

Conditions...he has to be able to play a hard 200ft game and be at least a 30 point center within a reasonable past.

(Since I don't live on the hockey channel, I don't know who would be a decent center. Thus this post.)
At the deadline, I bet a Backlund may shake loose for your 2023 1st top 10 protected. Hard to see this trade happen before February.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I don't know Drouin has a kind of potential that many players don't. A high skill level, and speed to burn. Montreal has been kind of a pressure cooker for him. Put him on a line with Mackinnon and you might have something like you saw with Suzuki in the playoff bubble. Some real dangerous talent. I'd chew on that one if I was Colorado. Kadri's history of being suspended in a first round makes him a real question mark.
Let’s take an elite, top 20 NHL player like Rantanan off a line with Mack so Mikko’s mission critical role can be gifted to the massively disappointing Jon Drouin. That makes a lot of sense!

Can the Avs throw in Girard and a 2nd for Tatar too?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Let’s take an elite, top 20 NHL player like Rantanan off a line with Mack so Mikko’s mission critical role can be gifted to the massively disappointing Jon Drouin. That makes a lot of sense!

Can the Avs throw in Girard and a 2nd for Tatar too?

Think outside the box jedi. Instead of loading up one line you could have Mackinnon and Drouin, Landeskog and Rantanen on 2. Seems more dangerous.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Think outside the box jedi. Instead of loading up one line you could have Mackinnon and Drouin, Landeskog and Rantanen on 2. Seems more dangerous.
Great. So now we bounce Bura to the bottom six to punish him for scoring 25+ goal per season pace to reward the awful Jon Drouin. That makes sense too.

let’s punish good players to unjustly gift an amazing roster spot to a big bust.

we did achieve making the first line far worse and less dangerous. And we get Droiuns awful indifference to defense to boot. Layer in his mental fragility and this just makes too much sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad