Who won the Anisimov-Saad trade?

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Chicago "won", despite losing in assets. The trade had to be done and the return was very sufficient with lower cap.

Great trade that fixed many problems for both teams and created almost no new ones.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Chicago didn't win.

People forget that Dano was worth a lot at the time of the trade, probably worth more than Arty. He was the Saad replacement, and Arty was a soon to be UFA C that they were able to lock up early (though at $4.5m not saving themselves much cap over Saad).

I think in hindsight Chicago would have done things differently.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
You're literally comparing the safest big city in N.America to the least safe.
Toronto is the safest large city you'll find on the continent.
If you're going to say really stupid things, you should take it to the politics section where it belongs.

How did a hockey-related thread morph into a comparison of murder rates?

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Wouldn't it have been nice for kane and toews to take a 1.25m dollar haircut so that they could afford to keep saad?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
If you're going to say really stupid things, you should take it to the politics section where it belongs.

How did a hockey-related thread morph into a comparison of murder rates?

It's not "Stupid", it's facts.

Sensin5

Jan 27, 2013
Given where we are, it is pretty much certain that, as with all others, Toronto won that trade big time. As for who lost, clearly it was the Senators, who got fleeced.

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
It's not "Stupid", it's facts.

Oh FFS. Please, if you don't know anything about Chicago, just shut up about it. This is what happens when facts don't matter any more. You probably believe this because one guy who doesn't give a **** about facts got boo'd out of the city (his rally was cancelled due to protests) and he's ********** about it.

Look at per capita murder rates. One murder is one too many, and I don't much like how many Chicagoans are trying to separate the South Side from downtown Chicago. We're one city.

We may not be as nice as people from Toronto. We might not be as polite, and we may beep our horns three times a day in traffic. But we're proud of our city. Does that mean we think it can't get better? No. We know it can. But there's a reason those of us with the means to leave still choose to live here. As for some of the cities you critics hail from: Toronto is just a sanitized Chicago. Denver is a nice place to visit, but is so small it hardly qualifies as a city. I'm pretty sure I could still navigate the entire city even though its been so long since I've been there.

As for the trade, Bowman had been targeting AA for a few seasons. Always thought he would fit Kane well. Looks like he was right. Saad is probably the better overall player, but given the cap situation, I think Bowman made the best of a pretty difficult situation.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Anyone who doesn't feel safe in Chicago is a coward. Plain and simple. You think players on the Blackhawks have to live in fear of getting shot? Get real. Just admit you don't know what you're talking about.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
Oh FFS. Please, if you don't know anything about Chicago, just shut up about it. This is what happens when facts don't matter any more. You probably believe this because one guy who doesn't give a **** about facts got boo'd out of the city (his rally was cancelled due to protests) and he's ********** about it.

Look at per capita murder rates. One murder is one too many, and I don't much like how many Chicagoans are trying to separate the South Side from downtown Chicago. We're one city.

We may not be as nice as people from Toronto. We might not be as polite, and we may beep our horns three times a day in traffic. But we're proud of our city. Does that mean we think it can't get better? No. We know it can. But there's a reason those of us with the means to leave still choose to live here. As for some of the cities you critics hail from: Toronto is just a sanitized Chicago. Denver is a nice place to visit, but is so small it hardly qualifies as a city. I'm pretty sure I could still navigate the entire city even though its been so long since I've been there.
You are wasting your energy. He/she does not deserve a response. He does not care about the truth - logic and facts are wasted on this sort of a person. He uses his pathetic ignorance as a weapon. Let him be.

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
Anyone who doesn't feel safe in Chicago is a coward. Plain and simple. You think players on the Blackhawks have to live in fear of getting shot? Get real. Just admit you don't know what you're talking about.

Seriously. I've lived in REAL dangerous cities. I spent one year living in Baghdad, and one year living in Mosul. Now out there, you see decapitated corpses of it's citizens laying in the gutter. Those are real tough towns.

Oh, but I'm sure these guys have seen similar things rolling down Grand Avenue. Give me a break.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The whole trade was:

Artem Anisimov, Marko Dano, Jeremy Morin, Corey Tropp and a 4th in 2016 (moved down a few spots and selected Lucas Carlsson and got a 6th in 2017 from the Islanders for that) to Chicago

Brandon Saad, Alex Broadhurst and Michael Paliotta to Columbus

It is a bit more than that. Saad was a cap dump.

Anisimov+Dano+Morin+Tropp+4th+cap space

for

Saad+Broadhurst+Paliotta

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Panik has been the most pleasant surprise for the Hawks this season. Technically got him for Morin but I think Morin was more of a throw in at the time.

Savardian Spinorama

Mar 29, 2011
Chicago
Panik has been the most pleasant surprise for the Hawks this season. Technically got him for Morin but I think Morin was more of a throw in at the time.

Totally agree. He is becoming quite a weapon and one we got for a piece that never fit in Chicago. I'm starting to understand why a certain Toronto fan is trying to derail.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
Lmao... the people in here that think they know about cities but they have literally nothing to back their OPINIONS up with.

Some of you guys have gotten lazy with this. I expected better. Haha. It's OK to be jealous.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Top 10 world-class city. When you make irrational statements like this, they usually back fire on you. Try again next time.

...I live in chicago. Its great to visit, mediocre to live in, including the "nice parts."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad