Who wins the league?

Who wins the league?

• Total voters

Helvigster

Jan 8, 2019
I honestly think that if Guelph can stay healthy, they have a legitimate shot at the Cup.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
I wish I could vote for the Knights but I am uneasy about the direction they are going an issue that seems to stem from the leadership group.

Prediction is Guelph v Ottawa
Guelph in 7 in OT

Reactions: StormWatcher

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
This year, there are no terrible answers to this question. 6 or 7 teams could do it. Much will depend on goaltending and injuries. If everyone plays as they can Ottawa is probably the favorite. So many interesting scenarios on most of the top 4 teams in both east and west.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Sorry Ottawa, I picked you guys so blame me if it doesn't work out.

Wide open this year, I will have more interest in the playoffs this year even after my team is out.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Playoffs are much more exciting than in years past. The top 4 in both conferences both have shots at winning it, some better than others obviously. Ottawa looks like the favorite to me but competition will be stiff from the conference semifinals onward.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Saginaw over Niagara in 6. This way living in Grimsby the games are free to watch on channel 14. If they lose Niagara is my #2 team. Edit- The games are free to watch on channel 14 during regular season.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
My opinion is SSM and Oshawa are not in the mix of the top contenders.

Ottawa is the favourite in the East. They’ve been relatively consistent all year. They’ve done it in spite of their special teams. Both Niagara and Sudbury can challenge for sure. Sudbury is the wild card with UPL.

Saginaw may be the favourite in the West considering their record post deadline. They’ve surprised me. Guelph I thought would have been better. London is missing something.

So, I will go with Saginaw and Ottawa with Ottawa winning.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
My opinion is SSM and Oshawa are not in the mix of the top contenders.

Ottawa is the favourite in the East. They’ve been relatively consistent all year. They’ve done it in spite of their special teams. Both Niagara and Sudbury can challenge for sure. Sudbury is the wild card with UPL.

Saginaw may be the favourite in the West considering their record post deadline. They’ve surprised me. Guelph I thought would have been better. London is missing something.

So, I will go with Saginaw and Ottawa with Ottawa winning.

Agree with all of the above. If you have to pick a team, depth and goaltending in Ottawa are good enough to make them a favorite but would not surprise if they did not make the finals even. Really interesting playoffs this year. Still feel 67 should have done a little more at the deadline, but they are the favorite. If they do not win, there will be room to question the lack of moves. If they win, they are set up for next year as well.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I'll take the same final but Ottawa in 5.
I’d put money on that man. No way. Wondering how many have actually watched the Spirit more than once or twice. No way the Soo should have won that game last night. Spirit have good deep forwards, a good D core and an outstanding goalie. They may not win it all but no team disposes of them in only five games.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
What the highest scoring team does not excite you.
Niagara is as good a pick for the East as any. They have a ton of skill and Dhillon at times is underrated. If they can be gritty when needed, they’ll be right in there. They showed they can step up and play a good intense game against the Wolves the last time.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I voted Sudbury for fun but in reality I'm thinking it'll be Ottawa over Saginaw in 7.

Reactions: WolvesFanSudbury

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad