Who wins the league?

Who wins the league?

• Total voters

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
League final will probably be one of Saginaw or Soo vs. Ottawa depending upon which one of those west teams stays healthy in the post-season.

However as this is a league final prediction I'd have to say Ottawa in 6 over the Soo, not because I don't think the Soo isn't a dangerous offensive team but more because like many other posters believe that the 67's have one of the best goaltending pairs in the CHL. Don't get me wrong the Soo has some good players but where I believe that they lack is clearly between the pipes.

If Valliltia is out for any stretch of the playoffs or dosen't come back 100% healthy that might be the Hounds straw that breaks the camel's back in the end of a 7 game series with the 67's. On top of that I just don't know if the Spirit have paid big enough to hang on past the 2nd round of the playoffs and Guelph has been inconsistent with their team all season.

Reactions: soo hound girl

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Ottawa & Saginaw, best goaltending of their respective conferences.

Ottawa is deeper in all area's. And that will carry the day in the end. Book your trip to Halifax 67's fans.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa has a couple advantages over "most" teams.

1> They have two guys in net that can carry the load. So, if one goes down or falls flat on his face, the other can come in. Not many teams have that ability.
2> Depth of scoring is key. Seven 20 goal scorers plus Kody Clark who probably would have reached 20 goals if not injured for 10 games.
3> A strong 4th line that can roll with the other three lines. Having that extra line that can play 5 shifts per period can have a very big positive effect during longer 7 game series. Taking 8 minutes off the clock responsibly really helps conserve energy for the top three lines.
4> A deep defense crew with six guys that can all take regular shifts and one more guy that can sub in and contribute effectively if there is an injury.
5> Strong leadership with Maksimovich. Mak has been there and he will be relied upon heavily to keep the mindset on target.

The one issue right now with Ottawa is they have not really been tested much the last couple months. It's been a relatively easy schedule for them and I think they have simply lost focus. DiPietro also seems to have lost his edge. Round one will give them an opportunity to bear down and push forward. They will need to find their focus or it will be a short playoff. They should have no issues in round one but it starts getting real in Round 2.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Saginaw wins the West and the league. If Guelph gets all players back, they could upset Saginaw - they're the dark horse. 7 game Sag/Gue Western Final.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->