WJC: Who wins the gold?

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
I can't cheer for USA in good conscience, but I honestly think that they will win this one.

4-2 USA

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'm hoping like heck for Canada, but I think this might be the year the US team pulls it out. I have no confidence in Jake Allen (don't flame me, this is more of a gut feeling thing) and the speed of that American team is scary.

I'll say 5-3 USA with the last goal into an empty net.

CloutierForVezina

May 13, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not sure who will win, but I am calling right now that it will be a blow out.

Something like a 4-1, 5-2 or something like that. A goal differential of 3 goals, minimum.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I'm rooting for USA. Canada has one more than plenty hehe. I also think they were better than Canada when they faced each other before

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I've wanted to see a Canada-USA gold medal game this whole tournament. Having said that, I really think I've wished for the wrong match up. I'm pretty worried about this game as all of the pressure is on Canada here. Regardless I hope it's one helluva game.

4-2 USA.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Based on the last game these teams played and the current status of Canada's defense, the logical prediction is that USA will win.

However, Canada is currently 32-1 during the last six championships. Somehow I think they'll find a way to win.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
More skilled teams have disappointed in the past, but it seems that the US finally has the coaching, the goaltending, and the team play to have a serious shot at gold. Give me a hardworking, cohesive group like this over a talented bunch of individuals any day.

Canada is still the favorite in my books. For all the talk of more pressure, no Hamonic, etc., my money would still be on the 5-time champs.

Looking forward to a great game, even though it will be difficult to top that NYE classic.

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
More skilled teams have disappointed in the past, but it seems that the US finally has the coaching, the goaltending, and the team play to have a serious shot at gold. Give me a hardworking, cohesive group like this over a talented bunch of individuals any day.

Canada is still the favorite in my books. For all the talk of more pressure, no Hamonic, etc., my money would still be on the 5-time champs.

Looking forward to a great game, even though it will be difficult to top that NYE classic.

Canadian hockey to a T. The Canadians bring a bunch of talented individuals to play as a hardworking, cohesive group all the time. USA is a good team this year, definitely their best in a long time.

TheCH*

Based on the last game these teams played and the current status of Canada's defense, the logical prediction is that USA will win.

See i don't see how people can say this. Canada couldn't have played any worse of a game(by their standards), yet they were still good enough to win that night. Don't expect suck a crappy game out of them again. And don't expect that gay pp formation they had which essentially gave up 3 shorthanded goals. And don't expect the USA to have like 6 breakaways again. Everything went wrong that game, thats not going to happen again.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
IMO betting against Canada in a gold medal game, especially in Canada, would be silly. Whether they look like the favorite comming in or not.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Well I obviously want Canada to win the game. That being said you just get the feeling that somehow Canada - even if they are in a jam - will pull it out. I think they'll come out flying tonight and it'll end up 4-3 Canada in regulation. That New Year's game was an eye opener. And to top it off, we still won.

Either way I'll be turning off my phone tonight because this will be a dandy. To tell you the truth even in the Gold medal games Canada has lost over the last few years there have been some epic games if you look at it from a neutral point of view. The 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2008 gold medal games have been wildly entertaining games. I just hope this one is too

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003

However, Canada is currently 32-1 during the last six championships. Somehow I think they'll find a way to win.

And that's just the thing. People - even Canadians - seem to underrate this team too much. Look I like the US roster and they played their hearts out the other day. Not to mention it wouldn't be a "Miracle on Ice" if USA won but I think all around Canada still has the edge, barely. There are some very good forwards on this team like Kadri, Schenn, Eberle, Hall who I think can make an impact solely themselves. Pieterangelo has been Canada's best d-man and to be honest I think Ellis is going to have an amazing game. Plus the more I watch Eberle the more I love him. No Canadian has stepped it up over the last two years than him. In a tight game he'll score

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad