30 Mike Lee​
|
1 Jack Campbell​
|
-​

Tombernack

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
If CAN reverts back to a 2-3 PP instead of a 1-3-1 and doesn't give up 3 SHG again (don't split hairs), I like their chances a lot.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Hamonic won't be playing with his injury, so that might leave "no-shift" Jared Cowen to be in there. ;)

Jokes aside, I'll pass on voting. I'm very excited to watch this one. The New Year's Eve game was one of the best hockey games I've seen in a while, I can only imagine how this one will turn out.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
As much as I want Canada to win, I don't think we can compete with the Americans speed and tape to tape passes.

It hurts that Hamonic is out and de Haan questionable (he shouldn't play but probably will)

USA 5 Canada 2

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
We can't do worse than we did in the first two periods of our last meeting against the USA, so I like our chances.

However, losing Hamonic will hurt us in a big way. Should be a great game.

This.

USA played their two best periods in the 1st and 2nd during the NYE game, while Canada played their worst two periods.

Once Canada finally started playing well (during the second half of the 3rd), they started to dominate the game.

I don't think USA could play a better game nor could Canada play a worse game, hence I think Canada gets the edge.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Can't wait for this game. Another classic in store, and this time, it's for the Gold! :D

Also, Hamonic is out with a separated shoulder, so Cowen will get some ice time, and McMillan will also see some time on defense most likely.

kevrondl

Dec 29, 2008
Oshawa, ON
As much as I want Canada to win, I don't think we can compete with the Americans speed and tape to tape passes.

It hurts that Hamonic is out and de Haan questionable (he shouldn't play but probably will)

USA 5 Canada 2

Yeah, no way can Canada compete, not like we beat them a few days ago or anything.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I would like Henrique to play with Hall on the top line but I think his shoulder is preventing him from doing so. Stick with what got the team here. I think USA upsets Canada, this may be the worst defensive team Canada has sent in ten years. The giveaways are disgusting.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Canada should win...but its time the USA puts canada in their place for being a bunch of show offs......the underdogs pull through! :handclap:

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
Part of me wants to see the US win. Canada have been a bunch of douches this tournament with cheap shots and hot dog plays and frankly this "Canada Pwns noob countries" shtick is getting to be a little too much.

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
Canada should win...but its time the USA puts canada in their place for being a bunch of show offs......the underdogs pull through! :handclap:

And the back peddling begins... you'd think you'd have a TAD more confidence for a team that just handedly knocked out the best team in the tournament.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I can't see how Canada is favoured in this game.
The Americans have been dynamic and took out an excellent team in Sweden.
Yes, I know Canada won on New Years eve, but we were outplayed for most of that game.
Canada can not match team USA's speed.
Team Canada will be the ones with all the pressure on them and the Americans will come out looking for revenge.
I'm not taking anything away from the skill of Team Canada, just don't like their chances in this game.
Now if we had..nahhh won't go there:laugh:

flamesfan12

Jul 20, 2003
Beaumont
Visit site
Really looking forward to this game. Should be a great rematch. Having Hamonic out really hurts the Canadians though. US has some great speed and it gave us fits last game at times. I'll say 4-3 Canada in overtime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad