WC: Who Wins The Gold Medal Game

Who Will Win The Gold Medal Game ???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yikes.. tough call. Both have such a great story going in...

Canada loses first 3 and then gets rolling all the way to final. IF they win Gold they will have beaten Russia, US and Finland 3 straight to win this. That would be impressive as hell.

Finns missing a lot of stars are in back to back finals and if they can pull this off, also a great story about how teams beat individuals.

I don't have a vote but think first goal wins.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Canada will coast to easy victory, they already eliminated the third and second best teams in the tournament.

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Its 50-50. I have a gut feeling that we might have a chance. But if Finland plays as shit as it played against Germany, Canada takes it.

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
- it will be overtime again, like it was in that game 5/6 days ago

Last edited:

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Just like the 2016 tournament, Finland beats Canada in the meaningless prelim game, but Canada wins when it matters.

Whatever happens though, a silver medal is an achievement after the start we had.

just an anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-antianti-aNTI jinx quoting

and yes, a silver medal is an overachivement for these teams - whoever ends up with those ;)

Last edited:

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
just an anti-anti jinx quoting

and yes, a silver medal is an overachivement for these teams - whoever ends with that ;)

Lol not really, let’s not forget Canada literally had to sit and wait on the result of other games to see if we’d even qualify for the QF. The fact that they’re now in the final is nothing short of a miracle.

So yes sarcasm aside, even getting a silver would be a legitimate achievement after the start they had.

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Lol not really, let’s not forget Canada literally had to sit and wait on the result of other games to see if we’d even qualify for the QF. The fact that they’re now in the final is nothing short of a miracle.

So yes sarcasm aside, even getting a silver would be a legitimate achievement after the start they had.

51/49 game - CAN is that 51% - but just a few lucky bounces and ref decisions will decide who wins :)

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

Someone said 9 things had to happen for us to be in the playoffs - not sure if that is an exaggeration. If so, that's amazing. In hindsight, I wish I'd watched more of the games.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Canada up by 8 in the poll.

It's very hard to beat someone twice in any tournament.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I want get up early and get my exercise done for the day. Maybe get some shopping done and then enjoy the game. Then watch the Montreal game at 6 - strange time. Would have preferred a later game.

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
Finland wins but Canada looks like the better team.

Only the weak fear jinxes, if you can't beat a curse you don't deserve to win anyhing.

Reactions: llwyd

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
I think Canada is a slight favourite but it will be a very evenly balanced match with quite different playing styles. This is a Jalonen team, so it will absolutely be organized, disciplined, hard working and patient group. If Olkinuora stays hot (and you never know with goalies) we will have a good chance of winning this.

Reactions: Hasa92

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
We all know how it ends; Canada skates around us, pressuring us, Lank...Olkinuora plays his heart out and Mörkö lyö sisään!.

In all seriousness, i think its anyone's game, but i believe in Jukka Jalonen and in "our game",
we will win because we have the smarter, better, system/structure what Team Canada.

Reactions: llwyd and Hasa92

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Not really expecting Finland to win. The team has already overachieved, but if it will be a one goal game and we lose i will be really disappointed.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Combined experience of rosters:

2.png
28 players of Team Finland: 429 GP
Position: G: 3, D: 10, F: 15 | Av Age: 27 years | Av Ht: 184.75 cm | Av Wt: 88 kg
Finland at eliteprospects.com

16.png
NHL: 714 GP
31.png
WC: 429 GP
31.png
OG: 30 GP
1.png
SHL: 455 GP
2.png
Liiga: 6 078 GP
9.png
KHL: 2 187 GP
16.png
AHL: 1 054 GP

3.png
24 players of Team Canada: 216 GP

Position: G: 3, D: 8, F: 13 | Av Age: 24 years | Av Ht: 184.42 cm | Av Wt: 88.04 kg |
Canada at eliteprospects.com

16.png
NHL: 3 288 GP
31.png
WC: 216 GP
2.png
Liiga: 115 GP
9.png
KHL: 58 GP
16.png
AHL: 2 052 GP

______

Hoping Finns to win gold, but Team Canada's slow starting engine is going to be on the top gear and supercharged, and I strongly suspect that it will be very hard task for Finnish Diesel engine to keep up with it. Canada gonna outshoot and outskate Team Finland even if they lose the game.

Though, I wouldn't be suprised if Jalonen manages to cast a spell of total non-hockey again and Finns take it after all (with some accidental arse-deflection) when we all have endured the most boring 60 minutes of entire tournament.

Vote: Canada

Last edited:

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
Great job by Finland to reach the finals !

This time they were the favourites in the semis and maybe that's why they didnt look their best (Finland should ALWAYS be the underdog to perform at their best :) )

I think this will be a close one - but now Finland might be slight underdogs again which suits them best , so that strangely enough makes them slight favourites for me :)

Reactions: llwyd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad