Who win this trade ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I am pretty shocked that this is still a question, even within the realm of the Canadian hype machine.

Reactions: RickP

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I'll try and forecast to the end of their respective contracts:

From the perspective of playing talent, I'm calling it either a wash or a slight edge to Subban since he'll surely be in the league longer than Weber, and the better performance has gone up and down for PK while Weber's been pretty solid, despite missing a good chunk of the season this year.

From the contract perspective, the Habs are in no cap crunch and have tons of money to work with with obvious other holes to fill on the roster, but in the future who knows. PK's hit is higher and is more likely to affect Nashville in the future than the Habs being affected by Weber's, so this time it's either a wash or a slight edge to the Habs.

In terms of salary, after this season, PK has 26m left to be paid, Weber has 24m left to be paid, so either a wash or slight edge to the Habs since they can afford to eat whatever the numbers are more than most.

I think the major factor will be that while it's likely Weber finishes his career in MTL, if Nashville is able to acquire good value for Subban in the future in a trade or can re-sign him to a reasonable contract, then they can potentially forge ahead as an overall winner, despite there seeming to be no losers in this trade.

As it stands, it's pretty even, I think.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I'll try and forecast to the end of their respective contracts:

From the perspective of playing talent, I'm calling it either a wash or a slight edge to Subban since he'll surely be in the league longer than Weber, and the better performance has gone up and down for PK while Weber's been pretty solid, despite missing a good chunk of the season this year.

From the contract perspective, the Habs are in no cap crunch and have tons of money to work with with obvious other holes to fill on the roster, but in the future who knows. PK's hit is higher and is more likely to affect Nashville in the future than the Habs being affected by Weber's, so this time it's either a wash or a slight edge to the Habs.

In terms of salary, after this season, PK has 26m left to be paid, Weber has 24m left to be paid, so either a wash or slight edge to the Habs since they can afford to eat whatever the numbers are more than most.

I think the major factor will be that while it's likely Weber finishes his career in MTL, if Nashville is able to acquire good value for Subban in the future in a trade or can re-sign him to a reasonable contract, then they can potentially forge ahead as an overall winner, despite there seeming to be no losers in this trade.

As it stands, it's pretty even, I think.

Habs will also get assets back from Nashville if Weber retires before his contract ends. Nashville will have to trade for him so they dont get the recapture penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad