Who win the Weber // Subban trade?

Who win this trade ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I don't trust Subbans back plus his style of play lasting long term. Weber has only really had one major injury and that was caused by an event and unless it acts up again, I assume it's fixed. I feel Weber's game will age a lot better.

My edge goes to Montreal because of this.

Full disclosure though, I have very strong negative feelings towards Subban.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
One year was heavily to Subban, one year was a wash and this year it’s heavily in favour of Weber

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I would have said Nashville easily before this season, but the way Subban has played this year makes you think if subban is going to decline faster than Weber

Reactions: BabyPanda

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Since the day of the trade my opinion hasn't changed. It's Montreal by far. I believe Preds would've beaten penguins in the final with Weber.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
It's funny how opinion on the trade has changed. The first season, you saw a ton of stuff about how much better Weber was than Subban, especially early on. Last season, Subban was 3rd in Norris voting and Weber missed most of the year, so you saw all kinds of discussion about how much the Preds won. Now Subban is having a poor season and some injury problems and Weber is doing well so the pendulum is swinging back again,

Reactions: DelusionalLeafsFan

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Weber is pretty great

I thought so at time of trade when so many people thought he was done. Hes not

This is still Nashville though. Then - now - forever.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Preds won the trade on day 1. Even if Weber has a better regular season this year, we all know he's gonna become a pylon once the playoffs begin, and Subban is likely gonna do pretty well.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Subban was and has been the better player so far, but I just don’t know how he’s going to age at this point.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Both teams are doing well and both players have contributed to their team's success, I'd say it is an even trade and that there doesn't have to be a clear cut winner in every trade.

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
the older younger better faster more talented player is going to age but Weber isn't? and at what year or point has Weber been better than Subban? lmaooooooooooo yall lost the perfect 10 model and then are trying to rationalize that the 7 is what you wanted all along. FOH

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Preds won the trade but Weber is still better and cheaper than Subban right now, at least for this year. If I could undo the trade I would

Reactions: Bouboumaster

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Even if you consider both of them equally skilled D-men, Weber's contract goes until he's 40, and Subban until he's 32. If Subban gets injury problems or declines fast, Nashville will have him off the books soon. Regardless of how you feel about Weber's health and playing ability, I'd be worried as a Habs fan to have him for another 7 years x 7.8 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->