Euro: Who will win the Euro?

Who will win?

• Total voters

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Too hard to call, anything can happen, I'm just enjoying the ride so I went with the supercomputer's decision :D

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
I think it will be one of Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, in alphabetical order. Spain looks pedestrian and Portugal looks vulnerable, England hasn't really shown much yet.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I haven't looked at the different match-ups for the knock out stages, but several of these games will be close to a coin toss for me.

On paper you can't beat France. Italy has looked very solid as a team, but will they score against the better teams? Germany looked great in the last game. France got better players, but not sure if they got a better team. England on paper are fantastic, but obviously haven't played well. That could easily change and I would expect them to play better when they can counter attack. Belgium obviously got some ridiculously talented players in attacking positions, but I just can't see them winning with that defense. Not that I expect anyone to beat them easily. Portugal aren't out either, but something looks off. Haven't even mentioned the Dutch and Spain who will not be beaten easily either. And typically there is some underdog that will upset things.

Not sure if I can remember the Euros ever being this evenly matched with so many good teams. Usually some of the bigger nations look a bit off and "medium sized" countries like Belgium and Portugal do not always have teams this good (even if there is often some smaller country that will do well). From the QFs and in I think this will become a legendary tournament.

Go ITALY!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Italy looks good. Gotta go with them right now. I can see France or England damage them with their attack though

tHu9pcv.gif

Reactions: HostileCapSpace

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Two words : Thomas Ravelli

ah romania. you guys where great in the 90s. that wc 1994 where the tournament of bulgaria, romania and sweden.

so what is your argument that romania is better than sweden nowdays? we beat you twice in euro 2020 qualifying group. you done better than us in u21, but i dont see any young romanian players in the level of isak, svanberg, cajuste, jesper karlsson and kulusevski.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
ah romania. you guys where great in the 90s. that wc 1994 where the tournament of bulgaria, romania and sweden.

so what is your argument that romania is better than sweden nowdays? we beat you twice in euro 2020 qualifying group. you done better than us in u21, but i dont see any young romanian players in the level of isak, svanberg, cajuste, jesper karlsson and kulusevski.
We're far from being better, you've been beating us quite comfortably lately. Our economy can't allow us to import talent like Isak and Kulusevski we have to rely on home grown players, so right now our "stars" play for the likes of Cagliari or Parma. I have just always disliked the way you play, although I understand the reasons behind it.

OT: France.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
We're far from being better, you've been beating us quite comfortably lately. Our economy can't allow us to import talent like Isak and Kulusevski we have to rely on home grown players, so right now our "stars" play for the likes of Cagliari or Parma. I have just always disliked the way you play, although I understand the reasons behind it.

OT: France.

Isak and Kulusevski is not imports. They are born and raised in Sweden.

Italy is winning this Euro.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I was so thrilled by Romania's WC performance that I nearly bought a Romania shirt in the summer of 94. When I say nearly I mean I would have if I had had any money to speak of to finance such frivolities as a kid.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Isak and Kulusevski is not imports. They are born and raised in Sweden.

I think the point is that countries that are immigration targets benefit from having a larger motivated youth pool.

Countries like Romania have the opposite situation, where what could be their youth are being born elsewhere and bolstering the ranks of other countries' football programmes

Reactions: luiginb

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I had Portugal as one of my favourites. Then i remembered stopping the ball from going in the net is an important part of the game.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I think the point is that countries that are immigration targets benefit from having a larger motivated youth pool.

Countries like Romania have the opposite situation, where what could be their youth are being born elsewhere and bolstering the ranks of other countries' football programmes

he said "import talents". isak and kulusevski is homegrown talent. sweden is a multicultural country just like germany, france, netherlands etc. sweden has never import a talent. all our players with immigrants roots are always born and raised in sweden, speaks fluent swedish and wants to play for the swedish national team. this is not the same thing as with for exemple marlos for ukraine.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
he said "import talents". isak and kulusevski is homegrown talent. sweden is a multicultural country just like germany, france, netherlands etc. sweden has never import a talent. all our players with immigrants roots are always born and raised in sweden, speaks fluent swedish and wants to play for the swedish national team. this is not the same thing as with for exemple marlos for ukraine.

Eh, unfortunate choice of words, I explained what they meant, it you want to nitpick whatever.

Btw every country in the world is multicultural, even if some prefer not to admit it

Reactions: luiginb

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
When you see Glen Kamara play for Finland you know that is more or less true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad