Euro: Who will win the Euro?

Who will win?

• Total voters

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
If Italy can finish first in their group they are set up nicely for a deep run. Seems like they have the easiest path to the semis by avoiding some of the other big nations.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Italy so far has not had any bad outing . Doesn't neccessarily mean anything considering Portugal won last time after finishing third in their group with just 3 ties but Italy is looking like a major contender this year.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Completely different beating the likes of Wales at home vs playing good teams on a neutral ground.

Then again. They are something like 31-0 in their last 10 games or so. Should be a tough team to beat for anyone.

On paper you can't beat France, but in any given game teams like Italy, Germany, England etc. won't be easy to beat. Usually a team or two that surprises as the tournament goes along as well.

I hope Italy win, but I don't really think they will. I think they will find it difficult to score goals against the better teams.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Italy's reserves are a lot better than Wales in general, and better than most teams for that matter. Wales also took some players out of the team in an attempt to avoid yellow cards.

Also, other than a couple players or so, Wales is basically a youth team. I'm shocked they got four points.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Italy feel like the team everyone rates and that might make a run, only to get undone by a seasoned, cynical and ruthless operator (France). Ironic given that the latter is traditionally the role assigned to Italy.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Italy feel like the team everyone rates and that might make a run, only to get undone by a seasoned, cynical and ruthless operator (France). Ironic given that the latter is traditionally the role assigned to Italy.

Italy cannot face France until the semi-finals or finals. Well, unless France comes third in their group. Even then, it's unlikely.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Italy cannot face France until the semi-finals or finals. Well, unless France comes third in their group. Even then, it's unlikely.

Well yes, and Italy might well make the semifinals or even final. My comment relates to their chances of *winning* the tournament which may require facing France at some point.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The Belgium game (if they play them) is a problem for Italy IMO. Belgium has some tricky operators who don't have to be close to goal in order to score. That kind of variable often hurts teams that look like juggernauts. But we'll see.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

I can definitely imagine them facing Portugal early & getting 0-1'd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad