who will win the art ross?

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
A Norris isn't overdue for Letang, but that's what I'm looking for.

It's hard to bet against Ovechkin (or Tavares) right now. Individually, they're not quite as good as Crosby or Malkin (obviously AO has an argument), but they're right there in the race, and their teams are built to support them.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
in what way is a norris "long overdue" for letang?

A Norris isn't overdue for Letang, but that's what I'm looking for.

It's hard to bet against Ovechkin (or Tavares) right now. Individually, they're not quite as good as Crosby or Malkin (obviously AO has an argument), but they're right there in the race, and their teams are built to support them.

It's overdue for the reason he doesn't have one already due to injury. The time he should have won it he got beat out by a guy who took two weeks and 7 extra games to catch up while Letang was out from a hit from one of PK's teammates. Total rip off. He was the only point per game+ D-man.

You and me both.

Still voted for Malkin.

Guess I'll do the same.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sid and Geno have 3 games in hand on the leaders. Unfortunately for Crosby, you actually have to score points in those games in hand in order for that to matter. :laugh:

If a Penguin wins it, I think it's Geno. He just seems more dialed in down this stretch.

Even though he's a Flyer, it would be kind of funny if Voracek won it if for no other reason than the whole "wait, who won the scoring race?" reaction. I mean, if someone listed names like Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Tavares, Kane, Giroux, Getzlaf and Voracek at the beginning of the season as a prediction for who would win the Art Ross, most people would have played the "which of these names doesn't belong" game.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Hopefully next season Crosby is more "Crosby like". We finally got him his wingers, but now he's playing like the rest of the NHLers instead of like himself. Guy really should have a 10-20 point lead by now or so we are used to.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Really hope Geno gets it as I don't see us winning anything else this year.

I wonder if Geno can get the Hart too??

There are so many forwards bunched together in the point race, my guess is, unless he collapses, Carey Price will win the Hart. He is the most deserving candidate. Without him, the Habs are ****.

I wouldn't be surprised if media darling Ovechkin won it and, for once, he would trully deserve it - he rounded out his game while continuing to score at a great rate. The fact that his center has exactly the same amount of points as him could hurt him though.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
There are so many forwards bunched together in the point race, my guess is, unless he collapses, Carey Price will win the Hart. He is the most deserving candidate. Without him, the Habs are ****.

I wouldn't be surprised if media darling Ovechkin won it and, for once, he would trully deserve it - he rounded out his game while continuing to score at a great rate. The fact that his center has exactly the same amount of points as him could hurt him though.

Ovechkin deserved his first one, and even if Crosby had not been injured and won the Art Ross Ovechkin would still deserve the Hart for getting them into the playoffs on his 65 goal effort.

With you on Price this year.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Ovechkin deserved his first one, and even if Crosby had not been injured and won the Art Ross Ovechkin would still deserve the Hart for getting them into the playoffs on his 65 goal effort.

With you on Price this year.

Saying he didn't deserved them is too severe, true, but, IMO, there were better candidates each time he previously won. It would be this year as well, but he now trully is valuable on both sides of the puck.

But meh, I guess this has more to do with my hockey philosophy than to what MVP really means.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Malkin. He had a little bit of dip after coming back from injury, but he’s on a mission right now.

If I had a vote for the Hart, I’d vote for Price or Tavares. Price, no explanation needed. Tavares has 23 more points than the next highest Islander and they are in the division race despite having the 23rd best defense. Without him, are they even a playoff team? If Price doesn’t win it, I fully expect Ovechkin to win, though.

rightwinglock

Feb 9, 2015
It's tough to look at the kind of hockey Malkin is playing lately (and much of the season) and not think he doesn't have a chance. But as was pointed out... he's more or less going to have to do it largely on his own. His line has been productive but I think it's been in spite of a few things. That can change quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if, despite continued good effort, his production slips for another five game skid or thereabouts.

People are coming down on Crosby a lot this season. And with some reason. But counting him out of the scoring race when it's still relatively tight like this is a mistake. If he turns on the jets... it's his to lose, as usual.

I think Ovechkin takes it, in the end. He's just been too good too consistently, this season. And his linemates really help support him and keep him playing consistently productive hockey.

Actually, at the 43 game mark, half the season gone, Ovechkin wasn't even a PPG player, had 37 points, 13 less than Crosby and Malkin. It took a very hot streak from him, Crosby being bad this year, Malkin injured since then to even get him in the conversation. Lets not get into the main board hype of what have you done lately.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Funny how the caps fan OP not only intentionnally mispelled OV as ovechking but also managed to write Malkin in italics... :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad