DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
1. Ovechkin
2. Backstrom
3. Malkin
4. Crosby
5. Tavares

Malkin could win it but he'd have to do it himself whereas Backstrom and Ovechkin have each other

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
ovechking? ...i prefer ovenchicken.

crosby 0 0%
malkin 1 100.00%
ovechking 0 0%
backstrom 0 0%
voracek 0 0%
tavares 0 0%
other 0 0%

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Ovechkin is a game time decision tonight with a lower body injury.

Who knows? If the top contenders keep going down with injury Sid or geno could win it by default. That would be funny considering all the times Sid has gotten hurt when he would have otherwise destroyed the field.

shizno*

Feb 28, 2012
Crosby and all the haters jump back on his bandwagon next season. Hopefully he's traded to Montreal where he would be appreciated though :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
if Geno stays at this pace til the end of the season - Geno.

If not... then Tavares or Ovechkin. Both are playing some SIIICK hockey right now.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I voted Backstrom. He is Ovechkin's playmaker. 2 assists are given for every goal... so I wouldn't be surprised if Backstrom finishes 1-2 points in front of Ovechkin.

I am rooting for Geno though. The way Sid is playing, he doesn't deserve it.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I still think it would be foolish for us to underestimate how quickly Sid could rack up multi point games, especially now that our powerplay is clicking again.

Easy to go all doom and gloom after a pathetic Colorado performance but prior to that Sid had points in 4 straight and was looking like he was going to get on a roll. We'll see how he does on the rest of this West coast trip, but I wouldn't count him out.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I still think it would be foolish for us to underestimate how quickly Sid could rack up multi point games, especially now that our powerplay is clicking again.

Easy to go all doom and gloom after a pathetic Colorado performance but prior to that Sid had points in 4 straight and was looking like he was going to get on a roll. We'll see how he does on the rest of this West coast trip, but I wouldn't count him out.

You mean the power play they switched back to what wasn't working..

:laugh:

Malkin.

YeeYee

Mar 3, 2011
Illinois
I think it depends on the success rate of our power play for the rest of the year. if its halfway decent i think Malkin will take it. If we go on another 0 for 17 or whatever he has no chance.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Malkin. Leads the league in ppg and only two behind Ovechkin with two games in hand. Crosby has a shot, but Malkin is just flat out playing better. Malkin would be clear ahead of the pack if he hadn't gone down with that injury. It took him a couple weeks to look like himself even after returning.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's tough to look at the kind of hockey Malkin is playing lately (and much of the season) and not think he doesn't have a chance. But as was pointed out... he's more or less going to have to do it largely on his own. His line has been productive but I think it's been in spite of a few things. That can change quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if, despite continued good effort, his production slips for another five game skid or thereabouts.

People are coming down on Crosby a lot this season. And with some reason. But counting him out of the scoring race when it's still relatively tight like this is a mistake. If he turns on the jets... it's his to lose, as usual.

I think Ovechkin takes it, in the end. He's just been too good too consistently, this season. And his linemates really help support him and keep him playing consistently productive hockey.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
whoever gets more than 85 points should win it.

Better question would be, who gets to 90 points this year? So far not looking like anyone is on pace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad