NFL: Who will win the AFC South?

Which team captures AFC South Crown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
in mariota's defence a pretty ridiculous percentage of his interceptable passes were intercepted.

i want to say 14 of 16 or something like that.

it's good that they replaced mularkey but i'm not sure if vrabel is the right guy for the job. would've rather seen them get a more offensive minded coach.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Is Mariota still their starter (?)
I know he's had some lingering health issues, but even at 100% I wouldn't describe Mariota as 'really good'.
He threw more picks than TDs last year.. has a career win-loss record under .500, & never really throws consistently for a lot of yards (Titans passing yards were 23rd in the league 2017, & Mariota was 23rd in the league the preceding season in passing yds).

He was very good in his first two seasons. Why should you judge him based on his play from last season. Thats recency bias at its finest.

Career win-loss record? Almost as useless as goalie wins in hockey.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Because The Titans have a really good defense and a really good quarterback and O-line.

Yeah, Mariota is getting extremely underrated after his poor season last year. He's healthy this season and has Matt Lafleur running the offence instead of Terry Robiskie. That alone is going to contribute to a massive turnaround. Throw in an (expected) break out from Corey Davis and there's the potential for a great season.

I will say, people are probably overrating the Titans defence this season. The secondary is a huge strength now, but the front seven is banged up and pretty shallow.

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
Yeah, Mariota is getting extremely underrated.. healthy this season and has Matt Lafleur running the offence instead of Terry Robiskie. That alone is going to contribute to a massive turnaround..

Good opener for Mariota.. no TDs, 2 picks, & meager 100 yards passing. His comeback is in full swing.. but like Parmesan and other Maroita groupies here have stated, who cares if he wins games.. it's a meaningless objective & measuring stick for a QB.

Last edited:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Good opener for Mariota.. no TDs, 2 picks, & meager 100 yards passing. His comeback is in full swing.. but like Parmesan and other Maroita groupies here have stated, who cares if he wins games.. it's a meaningless objective & measuring stick for a QB.

I mean, he missed more than half a game, so you're numbers are out of context there. His health is (obviously) an issue though, and I'm certainly not gonna defend the way anyone on the Titans side played last night. Now with Walker out (probably) all-season there will be real pressure on Mariota to prove he can make his receivers better.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I’m not a Marcus Mariota guy and never really have been.

But I wouldn’t base anything on what happened Sunday. Pretty unfair conditions to try to draw conclusions from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad