NFL: Who will win the AFC South?

Which team captures AFC South Crown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It'll probably be the Jaguars thanks to that elite defense but I'll pick the Texans because I'm a big believer in Watson.

This division has gotten pretty interesting. The Jaguars might have the best defense in the NFL, the Texans could finally have a franchise QB and a pretty good defense if healthy, the Titans have added some pieces and hopefully they'll be more creative and will let Mariota play to his strengths, and the Colts get Luck back.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Will be the best division in football if Luck bounces back and shows he's fully healthy. I'm a biased Titans fan, but the improved coaching/secondary should lead to another 9 or 10 win season. Should be between the Titans/Jags for top spot.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
HOU, JAX, TEN, IND in that order.

Texans will be great with a full year of Watson. Dude was on pace to smash some serious records before his injury.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I want to see Jacksonville build off that success. I'm predicting them to win the division, but Tennessee will be right there and I'm interested to see how Luck does in his come back year.

IslesFan2017

May 29, 2017
I predict Houston wins the division, with Jacksonville in second, followed by Tennessee and the Colts finishing in last place. Like @Blackhawkswincup said, the Colts in 2015 and 2016 only finished 8-8 even with a healthy Andrew Luck so I still don't see them returning to their playoff form from 2012-2014.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
There’s maybe a little homer here but I fully expect Jacksonville to win the division and have a first round bye with only the Pats ahead of them in the AFC.

That said, I think Houston is a very good team that will be the top wild card team.

I’m not nearly as impressed with Tennessee and Andrew Luck isn’t a cure all for Indianapolis.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Most fun division in football this year imo.

As a Colts fan, I love where my team is heading, but so do Titans, Jaguars and Texas fans. I think all 4 could win the division. Andrew Luck had two 8-8 seasons with what was basically a CFL cast and the worst coaching staff in the league.

I'll vote Jaguars for now though. That defense is just stupid good.

Injuries will be a MAJOR decision maker imo.

Reactions: Il Mediano

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
As a Colts fan, I love where my team is heading, but so do Titans, Jaguars and Texas fans. I think all 4 could win the division. Andrew Luck had two 8-8 seasons with what was basically a CFL cast and the worst coaching staff in the league.

And things are different now?

Still looks like a CFL cast and now its an unproven coaching staff

Also Luck today is ? compared to Luck of a few years ago

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Texans are the biggest threat in the AFC if they stay healthy imo...Watson, Watt back top offense and defense. Back when Watson was in the lineup the Texans were scoring more points than any other team in the league its just the defense was hampered by the major injuries. They also tore apart the Seahawks defense when they were healthy as well.

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
Houston will win the division. Jacksonville was a flash in the pan last year. Every little thing seemed to go their way. Last year they went 10-6 without having to play Watson for a full game or Luck at all. This year at best they'll go 1-3 combined against the two which is enough to put them out of contention. Not to mention they have a target on their back now and don't have the benefit of sneaking up on anyone. And Bortles is still their QB

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Love what Ballard is doing with my Colts, but I can't honestly say I believe they'll make any noise this season.

There's just too many unknowns on the roster at the moment. A lot of young players , I mean a lot, would have to play exceptionally well for them to challenge. That said, firing Pagano can't be understated. That's a huge a win.

The Jags should probably be the favourites despite Bortles , but a healthy Houston shouldn't be counted out, either.

Not sure why anyone would be really high on the Titans. I just don't see it.

Babe Ruth

Proud member of the precariat working class.
Feb 2, 2016
Because The Titans have a..really good quarterback.

Is Mariota still their starter (?)
I know he's had some lingering health issues, but even at 100% I wouldn't describe Mariota as 'really good'.
He threw more picks than TDs last year.. has a career win-loss record under .500, & never really throws consistently for a lot of yards (Titans passing yards were 23rd in the league 2017, & Mariota was 23rd in the league the preceding season in passing yds).

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Is Mariota still their starter (?)
I know he's had some lingering health issues, but even at 100% I wouldn't describe Mariota as 'really good'.
He threw more picks than TDs last year.. has a career win-loss record under .500, & never really throws consistently for a lot of yards (Titans passing yards were 23rd in the league 2017, & Mariota was 23rd in the league the preceding season in passing yds).

Yards are absolutely meaningless as is QB winz. He was injured last year and had one of the worst offensive schemes in football. The year before he went 26/9 in the same shit system when healthy. He looks like that player so far in LaFleur's hybrid McVay/Shanahan scheme.

Babe Ruth

Proud member of the precariat working class.
Feb 2, 2016
Yards are absolutely meaningless as is QB winz. He was injured last year and had one of the worst offensive schemes in football. The year before he went 26/9 in the same **** system when healthy. He looks like that player so far in LaFleur's hybrid McVay/Shanahan scheme.

You don't care about a QB's yards or wins.. Don't care that Mariota threw more picks than TDs.. what's your metric for a 'really good' QB then (?)

I'm curious to hear a measuring stick that discards career record, yards, TD-Int ratio. A lot of QBs play with nagging injuries, do u only count seasons played at 100% health.. and your 'so far' evaluation is based on preseason snaps (?) C'mon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad