Who will we draft with the #1 pick this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
Our Defense!

user_1065_wm_Funny_Tank.jpg

Superstar Carwash

Jul 5, 2011
Let's start looking for a new franchise goalie cause there is no way Hank's staying if the team continues to play like this.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
They'll probably waste it on another defense man, because who needs forwards. Maybe McIlrath will be ready by 2018!

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I want a top 3-5 pick! (Is the 2014 draft really that weak?)

Get us some Nylander, Reinhart or Draisaitl!

No Ekblad please. Simple reason, we don't need more defense. Look at Nashville, they basically got ripped off at the draft. Don't get me wrong, Jones is amazing, but he will just not score the 40 goals NSH desperately needs to contend.

D also usually takes longer to be NHL ready. Jones was. Can Ekblad be? Maybe, he always seemed to have played agaist much older people. But he will also not be able to help with our biggest weakness: offense.

Our team looks horribad right now. And Hank is doing nobody a favor.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Suck bad for Ekblad!
Tear Apart for Reinhart!
Nothing for Nylander.
But I would really like McDavid in 2 years.

Championship*

I want a top 3-5 pick! (Is the 2014 draft really that weak?)

Get us some Nylander, Reinhart or Draisaitl!

No Ekblad please. Simple reason, we don't need more defense. Look at Nashville, they basically got ripped off at the draft. Don't get me wrong, Jones is amazing, but he will just not score the 40 goals NSH desperately needs to contend.

D also usually takes longer to be NHL ready. Jones was. Can Ekblad be? Maybe, he always seemed to have played agaist much older people. But he will also not be able to help with our biggest weakness: offense.

Our team looks horribad right now. And Hank is doing nobody a favor.

Stop. Ekblad is going to be a force, which is something we haven't had since Leetch. Our team couldn't use that? Ekblad is the second player to ever get exceptional status in the OHL, after Tavares. He'll be playing next year.

Championship*

Again our issue is scoring, and I don't think he'll score the 40 we need!

I agree with everything else you said though.

Are defenseman not allowed to score points? We have issues with offense from the blue line as well. God forbid we have an elite D-man who can run the point on the power play. If we're bad enough to draft Ekblad then we'll be replacing someone on our D anyway.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Interesting discussion. As a Jackets fan we had the same season long debate of Murray vs Yakupov. Then we lost the lottery and Edmonton took Yak so we got Murray who the Jackets maintain they would have taken first. Interesting point is the our GM said he favors best player because by the time they are ready you don't know what the organization will look like. I don't agree and think in the Rangers case I'd opt for Reinhart or one of the other top forwards over Ekblad. Hopefully the Rangers get their act together and this becomes a moot point for you guys.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
It's not an interesting discussion it's moronic.

We will find a way to be just mediocre enough to pick outside the top 10. You guys should know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad