Who will we draft with the #1 pick this summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

68Forever

Sep 2, 2008
Queens, NY
The best scorer in this draft is the German wizard Leon draisaitil ... He is big (6'2 , over 200) fast . And the thing he is most known for is his hands ( after seeing Perry's and getlaf silky mits I want him even more... Those two are like magnets with the puck) ... Just watch some of his highlights and you will fall in love ... Plus he plays LW (huge team need) and he would love NYC.

Bullseyes

Aug 16, 2013
Ekblad, Nylander, Reinhart

I doubt the Rangers get a top 5 pick though. They'll just be mediocre enough to not do that.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
The goal for the rangers is to set the bar just high enough to be competitive. Keep the highbrow of manhattan spending huge bucks. A kind and gentlemanly team that turns the other cheek for av to inspect. Then av decides playing time accordingly. See pyatt

Championship*

It's been said that if it was allowed, McDavid would have went 1st overall in this last years draft. Be bad for two years. Have the lottery balls fall your way and get to draft Ekblad/McDavid. Thats how you start a rebuild.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
We'll not be bad enough for a top 5 pick. Anything beyond that could be possible though if they keep this level of suck up for an extended period of time. Draisaitl would be dream obviously ;)

stubbadub

Jul 12, 2009
Nova Scotia
open.spotify.com
Stop. Ekblad is going to be a force, which is something we haven't had since Leetch. Our team couldn't use that? Ekblad is the second player to ever get exceptional status in the OHL, after Tavares. He'll be playing next year.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Ekblad already looks like a full grown man and plays incredible in both ends for his age. If he doesn't go first overall I will be very surprised. You guys will stop tanking before long though. If Richards is bought out at season's end you'll be able to attract a couple great players to join the team after Cally is re-signed. Think Setoguchi or Vanek (if he doesn't sign in Minnesota as speculated). The Rangers will never tank again, and will never choose first overall unless they've traded for the pick in advance.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This thread will be re-opened when and if it is necessary.

I.E. if we win the draft lottery 7 months from now.

It is disappointing to me to see that people don't seem to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad