Speculation: Who will the top 5 buying teams be?

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
Would rather they sign Stralman instead of trading for a guy nobody seems to want to keep...

This is the face locker room cancer. Notice the serious tone and deadness in each of their eyes. Dougie has to go.

O7FDN90.jpg

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
The Leafs are not going to sit on their ass and do nothing they have to add another piece or 2
The added a huge piece already. Dubas wouldn't trade Sandin or Liljegren in the LA deal. So sure, maybe they do something minor but its unlikely to be anything huge.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The added a huge piece already. Dubas wouldn't trade Sandin or Liljegren in the LA deal. So sure, maybe they do something minor but its unlikely to be anything huge.

I didn't say they needed to add a huge piece but they do need to add a piece or 2.

Although if Bobby Mack is right and Zuccarello can be had for a 2nd and a prospect that is something we should look into.

Zuccarello-Kadri-Nylander would be fantastic.

But it doesn't NEED to be a big piece like Zuccarello but they do need to add a piece or 2

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Are we including the Muzzin trade? I don't see the Leafs as big buyers at the deadline, aside from that trade.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Don't see the Flames as big buyers.

They'll likely pick up:

1. Backup goalie.
2. Depth forward.

The Flames are too limited by cap this year to pick up anyone big. They are also at the beginning of their window, so throwing assets at rentals makes no sense. The only way I see something big happening is if there are plans in the off-season to move Brodie and/or Hamonic....doing that and bringing in Stone or Duchene would make one of the best top 6s in NHL history, with 5 PPG players.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I didn't say they needed to add a huge piece but they do need to add a piece or 2.

Although if Bobby Mack is right and Zuccarello can be had for a 2nd and a prospect that is something we should look into.

Zuccarello-Kadri-Nylander would be fantastic.

But it doesn't NEED to be a big piece like Zuccarello but they do need to add a piece or 2
Mcquaid is the most likely guy Dubas grabs. He can probably be had for a similar price to what the Rangers paid for him. He'd be more of an insurance type though. He wouldn't replace anyone in the top 6. As much as I want Hainsey in the press box.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Dubas has said he isn't interested in rentals.

I bet the Penguins will be selling their futures for one last chance at a cup so I will list them as #1

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Dubas has said he isn't interested in rentals.

I bet the Penguins will be selling their futures for one last chance at a cup so I will list them as #1

No Dubas has not said that at any point. What Dubas said was if he was going to move his 1st tound he wanted to get a guy with term.

He did that, but he never said he wasn't interested in a rental

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
Leafs won't make any more major "buy" deals. We already traded our first, and we don't have a lot of good prospects left that we'd be willing to move.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
I'm surprised at how few people are talking about the Caps in terms of trades. Champions retool all the time and they definitely need to right now if they want to defend. They have at least 2 trades to make and multiple pieces/picks and assets to move. They have multiple goaltending prospects as well.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
We are pretty close to determining who is going to buy this year at the TDL.

IN THIS THREAD PLEASE List your top 5 buyers at the TDL.

PLEASE AND THANKS.

My List

1. SJS
2. VGK
3. TOR
4. NYI
5. STL

I will give my list the day the Stanley Cup is raised . Is it top buyers for quantity ot quality ? The Leafs just got a pretty good D man will this count ? What is the window of days that would be considered TDL ? The buyers will buy if the deal is right . There is no criteria . Sorry to be a poopy head I just think this is as silly as a scratch off ticket . If you win your a winner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad