Speculation: Who will the top 5 buying teams be?

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
We are pretty close to determining who is going to buy this year at the TDL.

IN THIS THREAD PLEASE List your top 5 buyers at the TDL.

PLEASE AND THANKS.

My List

1. SJS
2. VGK
3. TOR
4. NYI
5. STL

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
We are pretty close to determining who is going to buy this year at the TDL.

IN THIS THREAD PLEASE List your top 5 buyers at the TDL.

PLEASE AND THANKS.

My List

1. SJS
2. VGK
3. TOR
4. NYI
5. STL

You sure STL will be a buyer? The 2019 1st is up in the air, so are they willing to give up back to back 1st round picks for a big piece? Or do they have other assets on the table to plug a smaller hole?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
In no particular order...
Winnipeg - Duchene
Nashville - Panarin
Toronto - Pesce
Vegas - Hamilton
Boston - Stone (just for giggles)

Last edited:

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Surprised people are putting sharks and leafs. I cant see much action there besides maybe Gudas to Leafs? Idk what sharks would do to make them top 5 on the list

Anyways, no order

Flyers
Knights
Preds
Jets
Flames

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
You sure STL will be a buyer? The 2019 1st is up in the air, so are they willing to give up back to back 1st round picks for a big piece? Or do they have other assets on the table to plug a smaller hole?

"Buyers" means likely to buy or will likely approach the TDL with some moves. It doesn't mean that everyone on my list is using major assets.

dayner

May 23, 2017
EZ

Nashville
Winnipeg
Vegas
Dallas
(Sleeper) Ottawa - Dead Weight Contracts + Picks

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
In the West Jets and Nashville. It’s an Arms Race not only will it help their team but keep that player away from the opposing team.

Reactions: mjtm777

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I’d imagine if STL were to buy it would be something as significant as going all in for Panarin and Bob (which I’m not sure we have the expendable assets to do so at the moment). Or something as small as adding a depth defender to try to make sure we don’t have a problem when 3 defensemen get injured again on the home stretch.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I agree on having Winnipeg and Nashville at the top. Those two likely end up with Stone and Duchene. I wouldn't have the Leafs in the top 5, they've already made their big move. At most I can see Gudas or Mcquaid.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I agree on having Winnipeg and Nashville at the top. Those two likely end up with Stone and Duchene. I wouldn't have the Leafs in the top 5, they've already made their big move. At most I can see Gudas or Mcquaid.
I have a feeling they might go after an RD

Dominicr

Nov 23, 2017
I’d imagine if STL were to buy it would be something as significant as going all in for Panarin and Bob (which I’m not sure we have the expendable assets to do so at the moment). Or something as small as adding a depth defender to try to make sure we don’t have a problem when 3 defensemen get injured again on the home stretch.

If it’s not an all in trade for a panarin or stone then I would rather not make any trades at all. I wouldn’t give up any futures for depth players right now.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Surprised people are putting sharks and leafs. I cant see much action there besides maybe Gudas to Leafs? Idk what sharks would do to make them top 5 on the list

Anyways, no order

Flyers
Knights
Preds
Jets
Flames

When you are top 5 in the NHL you are a buyer so of course the Sharks and Leafs are listed

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

The Leafs are not going to sit on their ass and do nothing they have to add another piece or 2

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Don't think the Leafs will be big buyers.

Muzzin was their buy this year and need to keep cap space for bonuses so they don't roll over.

If they make a move it's gotta be a hockey trade with salary going the other way. Given Dubas' reluctance to subtract from current roster I don't see anything really happening here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad