Who will the Avs actually take at #2?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I do like that comparison too. But I would say that Larsson is much more smarter while Edler is much more physical.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I do like that comparison too. But I would say that Larsson is much more smarter while Edler is much more physical.

Larsson is definitely a guy that counts on his positioning, and is really good at reading plays, but he does play physical when is needed.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I watched a show on Altitude yesterday, it was called the draft day or something. They were showing the meeting the Avs scouts had. Everyone, including Sakic were there. The talk was who the Avs will take at #2 and #11.

I don't recall them talking about the #11, but seems like they are greatly interested in Larsson and Landeskog, and the indications are that one of those two will be the guy they pick. I'd say it will be Larsson.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I watched a show on Altitude yesterday, it was called the draft day or something. They were showing the meeting the Avs scouts had. Everyone, including Sakic were there. The talk was who the Avs will take at #2 and #11.

I don't recall them talking about the #11, but seems like they are greatly interested in Larsson and Landeskog, and the indications are that one of those two will be the guy they pick. I'd say it will be Larsson.

Should be noted that the show was filmed BEFORE the Mem Cup where Huberdeau dominated and really got his name out there.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Should be noted that the show was filmed BEFORE the Mem Cup where Huberdeau dominated and really got his name out there.

Isn't Huberdeau a center?

How many centers does this team need? There is Hishon in the system, Duchene, Stastny, O'Reilly, do they really need more centers?

Maybe if they are willing to trade Stastny, picking Huberdeau would make sense, otherwise it doesn't.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Isn't Huberdeau a center?

How many centers does this team need? There is Hishon in the system, Duchene, Stastny, O'Reilly, do they really need more centers?

Maybe if they are willing to trade Stastny, picking Huberdeau would make sense, otherwise it doesn't.

Huberdeau has played both LW and C all year. Part of why he's so intriguing, because of his versatility.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Huberdeau has played both LW and C all year. Part of why he's so intriguing, because of his versatility.

Well, Huberdeau i believe at that time they filmed the show was 5th on their list. They went by order as far as best players available, and players they are interested in.

RNH- probably will go to Oilers
Larsson
Landeskog
Couturier
Huberdeau

Do you think Huberdeau's stock has risen that much to pick him over Larsson or Landeskog?

But here is an interesting thought. What if the oilers pick Larsson, and there is a chance at that, do the Avs go for RNH, another Center? or Landeskog? That would be a tough decision.

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
If the Oilers take Larsson, we have to take RNH. I don't think you can pass up his skills for Landeskog, Huberdeau, or Courtirer

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
If the Oilers take Larsson, we have to take RNH. I don't think you can pass up his skills for Landeskog, Huberdeau, or Courtirer

Agreed.

The Oilers will either take RNH (80% likely I say) or Larson (20%).

If they take RNH, we should take Landeskog, if they take Larson, we take RNH, and then Statsny will be on the market, but NOT until that happens.

I really don't like Huberdeau or Couturier at 2, and but if they take Larson over Landeskog, I can live with that.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Agreed.

The Oilers will either take RNH (80% likely I say) or Larson (20%).

If they take RNH, we should take Landeskog, if they take Larson, we take RNH, and then Statsny will be on the market, but NOT until that happens.

I really don't like Huberdeau or Couturier at 2, and but if they take Larson over Landeskog, I can live with that.

Why would Stastny be on the market?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Well, Huberdeau i believe at that time they filmed the show was 5th on their list. They went by order as far as best players available, and players they are interested in.

RNH- probably will go to Oilers
Larsson
Landeskog
Couturier
Huberdeau

Do you think Huberdeau's stock has risen that much to pick him over Larsson or Landeskog?

But here is an interesting thought. What if the oilers pick Larsson, and there is a chance at that, do the Avs go for RNH, another Center? or Landeskog? That would be a tough decision.

Impossible to know. Could happen.

GeniusSuperior

Sep 30, 2010
Nothing wrong with moving someone (Dutchy) to wing, especially if we can keep our #1 center and best player on the team. And I may be one of few, but I actually like keeping the Statsny family heritage with the franchise.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Nothing wrong with moving someone (Dutchy) to wing, especially if we can keep our #1 center and best player on the team. And I may be one of few, but I actually like keeping the Statsny family heritage with the franchise.

That's sentimentality, and AB has taught us that it is a bad business practice. :teach2:

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Because we would still have RNH, Duchene, O'Reilly down the middle. Maybe keep him for another year, but I don't see him longterm with us if we draft RNH.

I certainly agree that if RNH is available, we should take him, but...

RNH may not be NHL ready next season. Hell, if in 5 years, he's a better player than Stastny, I'd be shocked. I think it's way too premature to trade Stazz. Personally I wouldn't trade him.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'm interested in what they think of Hamilton. Some lists have him right below Larsson. So are these two really that close in terms of potential? If they are, and if Avs scouts think that, then Larsson wouldn't be a sound choice at no.2.

Christian Litscher

May 24, 2010
I'm interested in what they think of Hamilton. Some lists have him right below Larsson. So are these two really that close in terms of potential? If they are, and if Avs scouts think that, then Larsson wouldn't be a sound choice at no.2.

I don't think they are, but even if they were what makes you say that?

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I should bump the one where everyone was jumping in joy about winning the draft lottery in 2013 saying "Seth Jones!!!!"

But we have no idea if Avs made the right call in MacKinnon or not. It's too early.

From 2011 we know for sure that Landeskog was the right pick over Huberdeau and Larsson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad