Speculation: Who will Stan Bowman bring back next?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
last nite i was working up some idea of new trades, players movement b/c of that expansion draft. in other words, how will the new young crop of players will be affected with the expansion draft.

well, another 25 plus NHLPA jobs, so more room for all when this happens.

I would be interested to see if we are in any real danger of losing anything significant in 2 years. Obviously that takes a lot of assuming as to who will still be here or who we sign, but I would hate to lose a Murphy or Saad if we can't protect them because of all the damn NMC/NTC's we have

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
well, another 25 plus NHLPA jobs, so more room for all when this happens.

I would be interested to see if we are in any real danger of losing anything significant in 2 years. Obviously that takes a lot of assuming as to who will still be here or who we sign, but I would hate to lose a Murphy or Saad if we can't protect them because of all the damn NMC/NTC's we have
exactly and that is why i really thought it was this offseason that the expansion draft was. that is why is said i will stand corrected in my erroneous thought process.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I recall hearing Oduya's name a few times tonite. Was he wearing a red jersey or a white one?

But I'm looking forward to getting two Brandons back. Q can role a nice Bollig/Towes/Mashinter first line.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
It won't be Andrew Ladd. I see he is on pace or a 35 point season with the Isles. The guy makes $5.5 mil and he has another 5 years on his contract after this year. Ugh. The Isles were complete morons there.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It won't be Andrew Ladd. I see he is on pace or a 35 point season with the Isles. The guy makes $5.5 mil and he has another 5 years on his contract after this year. Ugh. The Isles were complete morons there.
That was one out of the awful 16 its market drive he's just one of the few over 30 forwards that got long term 6mil range deals.

My vote is the triumphant return of TVR next season via trade

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

he is on a deep team, plays a lot of third line minutes but yeah his numbers have been very disappointing.

those who are bitching about a 24 year old Brandon Saad, just be thankful we didn't re-up Ladd!!

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Wings fan here. I admired the way Bowman juggled players and made tough decisions about who to keep and who to trade, and found young, cheap options to keep the train going.
But I could sense he was running out of ideas the way Ken Holland started running out of ideas when he started bringing back Bertuzzi and Samuelsson, etc.
I think your team would be well served by another dynamic center and a good defenseman. If you can hit a homerun in the upcoming draft and land a good player in UFA, and if Crawford is healthy again, I don't see why you won't be back near the top.
It might required a new coach though.

Reactions: Rolo

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Wings fan here. I admired the way Bowman juggled players and made tough decisions about who to keep and who to trade, and found young, cheap options to keep the train going.
But I could sense he was running out of ideas the way Ken Holland started running out of ideas when he started bringing back Bertuzzi and Samuelsson, etc.
I think your team would be well served by another dynamic center and a good defenseman. If you can hit a homerun in the upcoming draft and land a good player in UFA, and if Crawford is healthy again, I don't see why you won't be back near the top.
It might required a new coach though.
You are most correct ... a dynamic center and a top pairing D is indeed what we need! Oh yes and a whole new coaching staff!!!

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
unfortunately, 20 other NHL teams need the same thing!!!
I know! At least we look to have a good chance to draft one of them with our top 10 pick with the likes of Wahlstrom and Bouchard out there ... or Dahlin if we get real lucky! I've heard Bouchard compared to Doughty ... I would love me a Doughty type dman on the Hawks!

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
What's that have to do with anything?
That the Hawks actually have a reason to fire him?

like 2x 1st round Exit (sweep as #1 seed) followed with a huge drop in the Standings to finish last in your Division. That's more reason to fire your Coach than most of your 25 other Team have.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
That the Hawks actually have a reason to fire him?

like 2x 1st round Exit (sweep as #1 seed) followed with a huge drop in the Standings to finish last in your Division. That's more reason to fire your Coach than most of your 25 other Team have.
The point was, very few teams are happy with their coaching. It's was a joke more than anything.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Versteeg...ofcourse...again..I mean if you are going to bring back some former has bern Hawks player...why not him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad