Speculation: Who will Stan Bowman bring back next?

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
2012/13 - Michal Handzus
2013/14 - Kris Versteeg
2014/15 - n/a
2015/16 - Andrew Ladd
2016/17 - Brian Campbell, Johnny Oduya
2017/18 - Brandon Saad, Patrick Sharp, Adam Clendening

Free agents in 2018/19:
Antoinne Vermette
Antti Raanta
Kris Versteeg
Jimmy Hayes
Dennis Rasmussen
Johnny Oduya
Ben Smith
Brandon Pirri
Antti Niemi
Brandon Mashinter :laugh:

Trade targets:
Niklas Hjalmarsson
Marcus Kruger

Let's hope he brings back no one that will impede a young player in the line-up... I would not mind Antoinne Vermette back though, if Anisimov gets traded.

Saad - Toews - Debrincat
Duclair - Schmaltz - Kane
Sikura - Vermette - Hinostroza
Hartman - Kampf - Hayden

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Teravainen. Just a hunch as he's more favoritism to his drafted guys (although probably next season or after IMO).

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
With the Hawks sucking, can we not have a little fun? And statistics show there is a good chance someone comes back ;)
Our biggest mod is named NoFunShogun, so you tell me whether fun is allowed here?

Joking aside, I think Bowman's learning a hard lesson about bringing former players back and this thread will inevitably turn into a thread dedicated to bashing Bowman.

But to answer your original question, Shaw. The unwillingness for any of our players to try taking the goalies eyes away is one of several issues. I don't trust Shaw's health (he plays a game that is very hard on a body), but when healthy he's certainly better at that than any of the guys we currently have. I just doubt his health would be good enough. Also his cap hit is not great.

Reactions: Rolo

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Our biggest mod is named NoFunShogun, so you tell me whether fun is allowed here?

Joking aside, I think Bowman's learning a hard lesson about bringing former players back and this thread will inevitably turn into a thread dedicated to bashing Bowman.

But to answer your original question, Shaw. The unwillingness for any of our players to try taking the goalies eyes away is one of several issues. I don't trust Shaw's health (he plays a game that is very hard on a body), but when healthy he's certainly better at that than any of the guys we currently have. I just doubt his health would be good enough. Also his cap hit is not great.

Prob the best infront net presence since Byfuglien.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Alright, I'll play. If I had to say who is most likely to be the next to come back I'd go with Kruger or Darling. Of course they would have to get bought out first. So like 2 years from now.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I don't think he'll bring back anyone. I don't think he's making any trades to acquire players at this point(unless they're prospects who may have some potential). He's going to look to dump salary, and obtain picks.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
At second thought, I'm changing my answer. Tommy Wingles. Traded for a pick now and resigns in the off-season.

I wrongly assumed that the poll was regarding right now/TDL stuff, but that's not the case. At which point I think TW is also going to come back next season, if he's traded.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
i wasn't sure on the answer i need answer, so i am posting it here.

my 2nd idea came last nite. with Seattle getting the next nhl team, it is obvious to everyone that another expansion draft is on the horizon. has it been decided when seattle will start their season ??

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

my 2nd idea came last nite. with Seattle getting the next nhl team, it is obvious to everyone that another expansion draft is on the horizon. has it been decided when seattle will start their season ??
No. They just now applied formally.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It would make me really happy to have Hjalmarsson back here. Even an older, more beaten up #4 would just be great.

Also agree with the poster who said Vermy if AA is traded

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

they will start 2019-20. in 2 years, same time frame that happened with Vegas.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
they will start 2019-20. in 2 years, same time frame that happened with Vegas.
last nite i was working up some idea of new trades, players movement b/c of that expansion draft. in other words, how will the new young crop of players will be affected with the expansion draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad