Who will score the first goal in Seattle history?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
As someone who watched Ryan grow up, I am so happy for him. I really hope this move to Seattle is what turns things around for him and he finds his place. Looking forward to watching his confidence and play improve..
I didn't follow Donato till before he joined the Sharks. I liked him there though felt that the team was not in the position to give him the best opportunity to succeed. Looks like he started well here with the Kraken and hope he keeps going that way.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I didn't follow Donato till before he joined the Sharks. I liked him there though felt that the team was not in the position to give him the best opportunity to succeed. Looks like he started well here with the Kraken and hope he keeps going that way.
I didn't "follow" him per se, my kid played against him growing up and I also used to work for a hockey training company in MA that he trained at. He was always that kid that parents ragged on claiming he "only got where he is because of his father and uncle", literally started at 10 years old in Squirts. It was ridiculous and petty. I'm just happy for him that he really made it, will now forever be a Trivia question and be in the NHL record books - and all those parents STILL think their kid was better than he was and they should've got the opportunities did. LOL

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
He started at 10 years old? He had to have been skating since far before then, right?
No, obviously he started at about 2-4 like every other hockey playing kid in MA (my own 3 included) LOL What started at squirts/10 years old, was other kids parents complaining about him in the stands, and whining that he was getting more playing time or better linemates or whatever and always with the "if his father wasn't who he was he wouldn't even be on this team", etc., etc. . Hockey parents are pretty brutal and a lot cannot differentiate between complaining about NHL players and ref's and Youth players and youth ref's.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Oooooh. So typical hockey parents. I was one (not like that really though). My kid quit at Midgets. Best skater out there, but not good at anything else. I should have let him be a figure skater.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $275.00