Speculation: Who will replace Marc Bergevin (Mod warning post #269)

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Whoever they hire I hope they get full authority to make any moves they need to, including evaluating and potentially removing Julien.

Reactions: David Suzuki

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Once they remove MB, sooner than later we hope................we do not need a GM who speaks french, we just don't...he meets with the media 2-3 times a season, seriously he can do this with the help of a translator....

We have to, just have to, hire the best guy, not the best french guy!!

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
If Bergevin leaves, he'll be replaced by a lingering stank of cologne and sweaty purple polyester.

Reactions: VAN-HAB

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Good guy, but unfortunately I doubt he can bring Tampa’s low taxes over here, so don’t get too excited about the prospect of signing players to great contracts...

He can't bring the weather either.... But it's not like Tampa is built through free agent signings. Off the top of my head, their entire core is drafted/traded for.

If you consider stralman a core player, he's the one free agent player that comes to mind for me.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Do you think they will hire someone where speaking French isn’t mandatory?

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Well this summer I would have traded a 2nd for Marchessault, reisgned Radulov to a 4 year deal at 8 million AAV, signed Markov for 1 year 6 million AAV (no bonuses as incentives), not signed Alzner, traded Plekanec and Shaw to create cap space, even if it meant giving up some draft picks, and put Galchenyuk at center. Oh and when Weber was injured at the starting of the year, I wouldn't have played him until he had healed, having seen too many athletes try to play through injuries only to have their careers cut short by doing so.

Does that make me a good candidate? Or were these just no brainer moves that everyone would have done, and thus if anyone of us were GM we'd be in a much better situation that what Bergevin's gotten us into?

Pacioretty Marchessault Radulov
Scherbak Galchenyuk Gallagher
Lehkonen Danault Byron
Carr Hudon Deslaurier

Markov Weber
Sergachev Petry
Mete Jerabek/Morrow/Benn

Price
Montoya

Reactions: VAN-HAB

callmek2

Go Habs Go!
Oct 5, 2011
Is there a french version of a Magic 8 Ball?

I'd agree with most of the Brisebois crowd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad