Who will lead the Bolts in scoring

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Same. Figure Johnson is in the 70s and Palat in the 60s.

Conditions just feel right. More minutes, more PP time. A lot depends on Stamkos/Drouin, but we're gonna laugh pretty hard this year if TKO gets secondary defensive treatment.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Going with Kucherov. Stamkos is the best scorer, Kucherov the second best on the team. However, Kucherov is the best passer and his assists will put him over Stamkos IMO.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Going with Kucherov. Stamkos is the best scorer, Kucherov the second best on the team. However, Kucherov is the best passer and his assists will put him over Stamkos IMO.

Johnson is a better passer IMO. Kucherov has some highlight reel passes once every now and then but Johnson is way more consistent.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Johnson is a better passer IMO. Kucherov has some highlight reel passes once every now and then but Johnson is way more consistent.

Johnson has the best wrist shot on the team too. Kucherov is just all around better offensively though, he's a threat to score from anywhere. I'm going Kucherov. Maybe Drouin give him a run.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I am counting on having Drouin on his line, a full year of health, and hopefully a bit of a chip on his shoulder will cause Stamkos to blow up.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I'll go out on a limb and state the best passer on the team is, by a small margin, Ondrej Palat. Ondrej's vision is something special and finished 3 assists away from the 50 points mark for a good reason. I expect Drouin to become this season the indisputable playmaker on this team though.

As for who will lead the Bolts in scoring: Either Johnson or Kucherov are the safe bet IMO, both are the complete package, being above average at everything offensively.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I am counting on having Drouin on his line, a full year of health, and hopefully a bit of a chip on his shoulder will cause Stamkos to blow up.

Might have a tough time racking up assists with Drouin though. Drouin is an all world passer but needs to develop his goal scoring, MSL was an annual 30~ goal scorer which helped pad that stat.

Houdas

Mining the Lightning
Aug 17, 2014
Prague/Ostrava
Went with Johnson.

Palát will probably again be the "third guys", but we all know he "stirs the drink".
Kucherov might be just few points behind TJ.
Stamkos solely depends on Drouin's probable higher TOI. If they click, they can be insanely good and overshadow the whole triplets chemistry.
Drouin won't get so much PP TOI and TOI to be as good or better than Stammer.

Black horse: Hedman, he could get 70, the potential is there. In my wild dreams, Hedman could even be the top scorer

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Going to go with Stamkos, really think that line is going to click, we saw it for a handful of games, and then the last few games of the regular season, it looked really good for the short time they were together, and Drouin is having a very strong pre-season earning his keep.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It would have to click pretty insanely hard to out-click TKO.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It would have to click pretty insanely hard to out-click TKO.

A lot will also have to do with the PP as well, and that can be where Stamkos has the edge. So 5 on 5, Stamkos does not necessarily need to out-click TKO, which I doubt he will.

Last edited:

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Stamkos did it last year without a Drouin on his line. Really without a consistent line through the season, and definitely less offensive support than Johnson or Kucherov had on their line.

So I think Stamkos, with another offseason of recovery, with something to prove in regards to his contract and possibly/probably with Drouin by his side should once again lead the way this year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
A lot will also have to do with the PP as well, and that can be where Stamkos has the edge. So 5 on 5, Stamkos does not necessarily need to out-click TKO, which I doubt he will.

I'd be surprised if TKO doesn't get a much, much healthier portion of PP minutes this year. It's pretty crazy that it didn't happen last year until the playoffs, when, finally, we had a killer PP for a minute or two.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I take it all back. Kuch got married in the off-season. 50 points + a beergut.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I take it all back. Kuch got married in the off-season. 50 points + a beergut.

unless I missed something you must be confusing with the other Nikita, Nesterov

deploerpoev.JPG

FYI, Nesterov's now officially on twitter since July. Time to make it a verified account. ;)

https://twitter.com/dd_nikita/media

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You Russians marry young. Wasn't Vasy married when he came over?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad