Who will the Kings Lose to Seattle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
As I recall, the deal was for Nashville to select Chabot, since that would make the Kings goalies exempt from the next expansion draft, and the Kings wanted to keep both Fiset and Storr for at least a couple more years.
I remember this the same way. Twas the goalies that they were protecting, not G-money Gally

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I went for MacDermid just to add to the discussion. Every expansion team ever has taken a tough guy. They are popular in the room, the new fans get really excited with the fights, and if you are taking 30 players to start a team, there is room for one.

Plus there are better options at every spot than what the Kings can offer, except maybe Lizotte.

Reactions: Choralone

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Grundstrom probably the best fit for an expansion team, but there's a shortage of quality D-men. I don't see Clague being appealing, but I supposed there's an outside chance they'd take Maata.

No matter what though, this expansion draft won't hurt us very much. Not like previous seasons. My butt still hurts from trading Vopat, Yachmenev, and Timmonen to Nashville so they would select Chabot.
Especially Kimmo Timonen!

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
All I know is after the expansion draft, Seattle will be the odds on favorite to finish 2nd or 3rd in the Pathetic Division.

As Reclamation Project said yesterday,,,,Is it too late to fold this Kings Franchise and draft a new team. We may get to the playoff quicker.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
As I recall, the deal was for Nashville to select Chabot, since that would make the Kings goalies exempt from the next expansion draft, and the Kings wanted to keep both Fiset and Storr for at least a couple more years.

Yes, it was probably part of it. Maybe that's why the Kings also traded them Yachmenev a few days later.

This was the actual trade at the time of the draft..

"Los Angeles traded Kimmo Timonen and Jan Vopat to Nashville after the Predators agreed not to select Garry Galley."

LA also traded the legendary Marian Cisar to Nashville a few weeks before the expansion draft, again for "future considerations".

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I think there are better options defensively for Seattle than Clague. I opted for Lizotte because his compete level is going to be attractive to them as they establish an identity. However as I think about it more, Grundström is the one I now think they will take. He’s fallen short of what we’d hoped so far but if he can hit his upside he’s Dustin Brown light. I mean that as a compliment because he could end up a solid middle 6 guy, although I think with the competition in LA he won’t be more than a bottom 6 guy.

Whomever they take from our exposed list it isn’t going to be a major piece or someone that would be a lock to be on Seattle’s opening night roster. It means they can afford to take a swing, which is why I’m now think Grundström. However let’s face it, they could take anyone and easily never dress them in an NHL game. Whomever we lose won’t determine our future success or failure, so I truth I don’t care all that much.

Token

May 15, 2019
Did a couple passes on the CapFriendly expansion tool …

There are plenty too-4 type D available, easy to build a decent defense.

Also, plenty good young goalies and some veterans of note.

But the forwards available are mostly a dumpster fire after you pick through the 8-10 worth a damn.

It’s either old guys with baggage, albatross contracts, or 4th liners and role-players.

They will be hard pressed to get the minimum 14 forwards and have value on all of them.

Makes sense tho, since most went 7-3-1 and plenty have young pros playing 3rd line which are exempt.

Looking more and more it will be a forward from the Kings just for the technical requirements.

Reactions: Kings Rule

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
I went for MacDermid just to add to the discussion. Every expansion team ever has taken a tough guy. They are popular in the room, the new fans get really excited with the fights, and if you are taking 30 players to start a team, there is room for one.

Plus there are better options at every spot than what the Kings can offer, except maybe Lizotte.

Hey, YOU WON!!! :towel:

:vhappy:

:yo:

:eek2:

:arr:

:punk:

:clap:

Last edited:

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014

Your rational was spot on!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad