Who will have the brighter future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i don't think everything about korpikoski is a big question mark...if it was, he wouldn't have gotten picked in the first round, and more teams than just the rangers wanted to pick him in the first round

he's got a ways to go but he should be a good player if/when he makes it to the NHL...i'd say 2nd line forward is most likely but with a small chance of being a decent 1st liner with the right linemates

Prucha73

Levitate said:
i don't think everything about korpikoski is a big question mark...if it was, he wouldn't have gotten picked in the first round, and more teams than just the rangers wanted to pick him in the first round

he's got a ways to go but he should be a good player if/when he makes it to the NHL...i'd say 2nd line forward is most likely but with a small chance of being a decent 1st liner with the right linemates

The only reason he made 1st round is because of 6 great U18 WJC games. At least I have questions about his scoring, his consistancy, his defense. But he does have good attitude and is a hard worker.

Bure9*

Prucha73 said:
The only reason he made 1st round is because of 6 great U18 WJC games. At least I have questions about his scoring, his consistancy, his defense. But he does have good attitude and is a hard worker.

Still hate the Rangers picks, eh? You certainly hold a grudge.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
he had a couple of good tournaments that helped his draft position certainly, but he was obviously being scouted long before that and no one is gonna take a player cuz of one tournament or so if they don't also think he has the tools to be a good player.

my impression of korpikoski is that he has all the tools...but they're not in place yet. that's why he's kind of an unknown...will he put it all together? hard to tell, as with any prospect. the good thing is that it seems like he's improving and making strides in his game now...i'd rather a guy make improvements after he's drafted than to look great on draft day but never progress much beyond that.

a few years down the road we'll know for sure

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Don't know too much about Zajac and Chuko...

Would I be off in saying that Chipchura's potential is along the lines of a Scott Hartnell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad