Who will have the biggest turnaround next season?

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
There were several players that did not live up to expectations this season. Who do you predict will have a breakout season next season? A couple of players that come to mind are: EJ, Landy, Varly, D. Jones.

I think Varly will flourish under a (more) competent defensive core. I'm hoping that a new coach along with a fresh new season and hopefully some draft picks will make an improvement in our defense.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Biggest turnaround? By far David Jones. I think he will use this season at motivation and come back and hit the 20-25 goal range next season. Not a great season overall, but compared to this season it will be worlds better.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
There were several players that did not live up to expectations this season. Who do you predict will have a breakout season next season? A couple of players that come to mind are: EJ, Landy, Varly, D. Jones.

I think Varly will flourish under a (more) competent defensive core. I'm hoping that a new coach along with a fresh new season and hopefully some draft picks will make an improvement in our defense.

Varly for me too, although I think EJ and Landy will have good seasons. I've never liked DJ much.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Giggy, from hero to zero next season as age catches up.

Realistically I can't predict the most improved, there are many guys with room to rebound. I think EJ might have the most room to rebound, Varly had a good half to the shortened year and Landy wasn't dreadful, but EJ left a lot to be desired offensively and somewhat defensively.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
David Jones had a career shooting percentage of 16.26% entering the season and it dropped to 4.8% this year. I have a feeling it won't be that bad next year.

I kind of want to see who the coach is before answering this question though.

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Too early to tell since we don't know who's coaching and what the roster will look like..

But if I had to guess I would pick David Jones. I can't imagine he would get any worse than this season and now he's going to get in trouble if he doensn't start performing

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Don't have high hopes for Stastny or Jones. EJ is what he is. Expecting a much better season from our captain, though.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Don't have high hopes for Stastny or Jones. EJ is what he is. Expecting a much better season from our captain, though.

That would be very good. Especially if ROR comes out and fires on all cylinders next season as well. Hoping Downie stays healthy, too. I consider him an important piece of the puzzle.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
At first I thought Varlamov. Then wait, Johnson. Then Landeskog. Then Jones. Then Stastny. Then McGinn. Then... eesh. We sucked last year. I think in terms of full on improvement it'll be Varlamov, Jones and Landeskog, in that order. I hope it is, at least.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
At first I thought Varlamov. Then wait, Johnson. Then Landeskog. Then Jones. Then Stastny. Then McGinn. Then... eesh. We sucked last year. I think in terms of full on improvement it'll be Varlamov, Jones and Landeskog, in that order. I hope it is, at least.

ha ha lol, that was my mental process down to a tee.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
The only turnaround I want to see Greg Zanon make is to turn around and get the hell out of our organization.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Going by stats alone I can't imagine the answer not being david jones. He should be able to at least double his point production, and I doubt others players could so easily double their point production from this season.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Going by stats alone I can't imagine the answer not being david jones. He should be able to at least double his point production, and I doubt others players could so easily double their point production from this season.

I kinda hope EJ at least doubles his point production as well. Eight points shouldn't be asking for too much.

I agree though, Jones needs to have a turnaround. EJ at least played semi-responsible defense while not putting up points. Jones ended the season eating nachos. He's gotta pick it up.

wondeROY

Apr 19, 2007
Missoula, Montana
Hopefully ROR. Didn't really get a long enough season for him to get back into the groove, so I'm hoping for a lot more from him next year.

I won't hold my breath for stas, I think he will under perform until he is traded. He's just too comfortable in his cushy gig right now. Comfort creates laziness.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't know who will have the biggest turnaround but if it's not Varlamov, we're picking in the top 10 again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad