Who will do the Play-by-Play for TVA Sports next season?

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
well after more then 10 years listening to him i got tired of him speaking about F1 during the play is on. or him talking about his week end or an old story that has nothing to do with hockey. i hate how he says vokawneeeeeeeeeeeee and all the other name, really HATE IT. hes trying to hard. Yes his french his great, cant deny it, but we are listening hockey, not the news on radio canada. What else can i say, i hate his hair ( lol ) and his face. a lot of the time he seem to be lost and not to understand whats happening and keep getting saved by Marc Denis.

/the end

ps: im also happy he wont be on the week end. so yeah :)

Wow, so much undeserved hate.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Wich higher up idiot at TVA Sports decided to hire Felix Seguin? And give him the Habs' games to boot?

TVA Sports already have a solid guy who would be superior, the guy who does the Bulldogs and Junior hockey. He has a tremendous voice.

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
WHA - A - A - AT?

Those are the best!

When you have Smarties, you're not one to eat the red ones last, I guess ;)

Remember this Houle gem?

yIMqQe8.jpg

Good times :laugh:

To each their own. I know its not a popular opinion. lol @ smarties reference, good one i have to admit :) But im more of a m&m guy. Loving or hating a commentator is like an opinion, everyone have one. Oh well, i dont mind getting some heat for this. I even expected it. Dubé and Mcguire ftw!

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
To each their own. I know its not a popular opinion. lol @ smarties reference, good one i have to admit :) But im more of a m&m guy. Loving or hating a commentator is like an opinion, everyone have one. Oh well, i dont mind getting some heat for this. I even expected it. Dubé and Mcguire ftw!

Chocolate?

Peanuts?

Pretzels?

Peanut Butter?

Mint?

Raspberry?

Inquiring minds want to know :D

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
Peanut butter FTW :yo:

See we can agree on different type of opinion. Im not that of a weirdo after all. Still am for not appreciating houde but hey... that doesnt make me a classless person . I guess the hair and face was too much, i can admit that. Was just being 100% honest.

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
yea Mcguire is the best for me 2
But If Seguin-Lalime is really the guy TVA has in mind, like him or not we re all gonna miss Houde.
I like Casavant too but it d still gonna feel like a baseball game lol

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I don't get how people can seriously dislike Houde. He's the best in the business and for someone who uses a language foreign to basically 99% of the league that's a great feat.

I'm not saying he's perfect, but he's a great asset to RDS. If they lose him, they're basically done. Some of the TVA guys mentioned are just laughable. Felix Seguin couldn't even hold Houde's mic :P he's really that bad. I still can't believe TVA isn't pulling an April fools joke that just went on for too long.

I seriously hope CBC can get their heads out of their ***** long enough to provide a quality product for us. Having some fresh blood might help, but call me crazy, I have some serious doubts.

Jazzped

May 16, 2013
Montréal
I respect Houde's work and "Et le buuuuut" call. I also like the fact he's calling opponents goals slightly less entertained, but still with more emotion than most of his counterparts. I also respect his French.

On the other end, I don't appreciate the fact that he's got his favorite players (Most PbP guys do though, I know). But it's always "Quel arrêt de Price!" vs "Budaj était battu et l'arrête de peine et de misère!" . He calls too often to my liking "Un bon tir bas" when it's really just a weak shot.

But the worst thing about him is that he's slowly losing his awareness of the play. He really his, that's not even arguable. He will confuse icing with offsides. He won't understand a blatant penalty until the player is going to the box. He will say "Attention peut-être un 2 contre 1" when the 2nd player has already backchecked to make it a 2 on 2. He will share a story while there's a rush or a powerplay. And will say "Et le buuuuuuut! Sorti de nul part et c'est 2 à 1" when the whole building saw the goal coming 10 seconds before.

I wouldn't do better than him, so I can't say that he's doing a bad job. I still prefer PbP guys that are focused on the play and I do have a preference for McGuire, even if he over describes it. He bring more emotion to the game and that's all I ask in the end.

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
I don't get how people can seriously dislike Houde. He's the best in the business and for someone who uses a language foreign to basically 99% of the league that's a great feat.

I'm not saying he's perfect, but he's a great asset to RDS. If they lose him, they're basically done. Some of the TVA guys mentioned are just laughable. Felix Seguin couldn't even hold Houde's mic :P he's really that bad. I still can't believe TVA isn't pulling an April fools joke that just went on for too long.

I seriously hope CBC can get their heads out of their ***** long enough to provide a quality product for us. Having some fresh blood might help, but call me crazy, I have some serious doubts.

I respect your opinion but i have to disagree. The poster above me typed what i couldnt with my first post in this thread. I'm sorry i bashed his face and hair, that was bad on my part.

Regarding seguin and lalime, i agree 100% with you. Im truely hoping they will be used for the other game ( not the habs one ) Hell, id prefer bergie over them. At least bergie would provide some humour with his saying : chtu fou moé? non mais CHTU FOU MOÉ? That kind of saying to me is just gold. I know Michel Bergeron is getting older but i know he can provide some DECENT ( not good ) analyst, SOMETIME.

I'd like to see simon gagné and josé théodore but im dreaming :(, sadly.

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
People driving at least.

Not that long ago, when video streams didn't exist, people on my side of the ocean too. I remember being behind my computer in tears the night Saku came back...

Oh man... That night i was still in high school. Secondaire 4 . Mom was going tru chimio-therapy. I dont have to say that i was crying like a BABY. Friends i was with got emotional too. Was a great night and im pretty sure they won that game.

All the trucks driver are listening with the radio too. Taxi drivers etc...

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
I respect Houde's work and "Et le buuuuut" call. I also like the fact he's calling opponents goals slightly less entertained, but still with more emotion than most of his counterparts. I also respect his French.

On the other end, I don't appreciate the fact that he's got his favorite players (Most PbP guys do though, I know). But it's always "Quel arrêt de Price!" vs "Budaj était battu et l'arrête de peine et de misère!" . He calls too often to my liking "Un bon tir bas" when it's really just a weak shot.

But the worst thing about him is that he's slowly losing his awareness of the play. He really his, that's not even arguable. He will confuse icing with offsides. He won't understand a blatant penalty until the player is going to the box. He will say "Attention peut-être un 2 contre 1" when the 2nd player has already backchecked to make it a 2 on 2. He will share a story while there's a rush or a powerplay. And will say "Et le buuuuuuut! Sorti de nul part et c'est 2 à 1" when the whole building saw the goal coming 10 seconds before.

I wouldn't do better than him, so I can't say that he's doing a bad job. I still prefer PbP guys that are focused on the play and I do have a preference for McGuire, even if he over describes it. He bring more emotion to the game and that's all I ask in the end.

Et voilà. That's mostly why I don't like Houde anymore.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Wich higher up idiot at TVA Sports decided to hire Felix Seguin? And give him the Habs' games to boot?

TVA Sports already have a solid guy who would be superior, the guy who does the Bulldogs and Junior hockey. He has a tremendous voice.

Ya, Goulet is pretty good. I guess they wanted a known commodity.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

I think most of the critics on Houde come from the fact that he describes ALL the Habs game. It's impossible for someone not to repeat himself after such an amount of live air time.

It's true that sometimes he gets what's happening wrong, but those are few and far between, compared to the likes of Michel Langevin, Michel Lacroix and Yannick Bouchard de ce monde.

They say it's when you don't have it anymore that you really see how that person/thing was good, and I think once he retires, we'll miss him dearly.

I don't see the point of debating whether Mcguire is better or worse. Both are good IMO, it's a shame that we don't get Mcguire more often on TV.

Séguin and Lalime will do what they can, and I expect them to be fine, although they will certainly be a step back from Houde and Denis, they're a major step above most duos mentioned above.

Houde and Mcguire are at the top, with Séguin, Casavant and Goulet following.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

Pretty much this. He used to be great that isn't the case anymore. Some newbie thinks he's still the same Houde as he was 10 years ago and it's not the case.

Also he has collected a few annoying tendencies that are sometime a bit much. But I think Denis doesn't challenge him enough.

That's why I wanted him to join TVA Sports...for the Sens games. lol Cause even though he doesn't have it anymore, he would be paired with his old partner, Yvon Pedneault and they would at least give a pulse to these games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad