Who will do the Play-by-Play for TVA Sports next season?

Avengers*

Will it be Felix Seguin and Patrick Lalime?

Too bad Martin McGuire and Danny Dube are staying on the radio. They truly are the best french duo around.

I just hope it's not that clown michel langevin and yvon pedneault :help:

Who do you think will do the commentary next year for TVA sports?

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Felix Seguin and Patrick Lalime will be doing the Habs games. Denis Casavant will have the NHL games.

I hope they give Theo a shot at it. I find him really interesting and one of the few smart people on TVA Sports. Lalime is bad.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Too bad Martin McGuire and Danny Dube are staying on the radio. They truly are the best french duo around.
?

Listened to them in the Olympics and frankly I did not like them. Especially Dube who's trying to reinvent the hockey vocabulary. McGuire overdescribed and Dube overanalized.

They are seriously overrated IMO.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Denis Casavant is actually very good, wouldn't mind if it was him.

With Rodger as the color commentator? I already hear it "Maxxxxx Pacioretty...Pacio--Retty...Pacio---Rrrreeeettttyyyy PacioooooRrreeettyyyy !".

Neutrino

Jan 18, 2011
Montreal
Listened to them in the Olympics and frankly I did not like them. Especially Dube who's trying to reinvent the hockey vocabulary. McGuire overdescribed and Dube overanalized.

That's the way they are asked to work, and that's how most people like it too. Being on the radio they don't have a picture to work with, they have to paint the picture with words. Virtually everyone I have asked concerning a better option than Pierre Houde has said Dube and McGuire so I guess if it really was up to the public they would have been on TV a long time ago.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
That's the way they are asked to work, and that's how most people like it too. Being on the radio they don't have a picture to work with, they have to paint the picture with words. Virtually everyone I have asked concerning a better option than Pierre Houde has said Dube and McGuire so I guess if it really was up to the public they would have been on TV a long time ago.

They were on TV and worked like it was on radio. They should have adapted . I understand that it was probably tougher for McGuire to adapt in such a short period of time because he's the play-by-play guy but there is no excuse for the overanalysis by Dube.

Also if the public was voting they would not be the chosen duo. Who really listened to the games on radio in this era ? They are not that well known to the general public of RDS.

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

They do that since they're used to be on the radio. I'm sure if they did description year-long for the TV, they would adjust.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal

McGuire is used to overdescribe because he works on the radio. Dubé is great. Best hockey analyst in Québec by far.

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
Wait?? Casavant left rds for tva sport? I missed that. Woah surprisiing choice by him IMO. Tva only have 20 habs game + playoff. Im sure they are getting more nhl game but for that i have nhl center so w/e

Im really not a fan of the felix something and pat lalime. i'd rather listen to houde and dang, i hate houde.

If its not on cbc or tsn, i listen to the radio while surfing on the net. Yeap, i hate houde that much.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Wait?? Casavant left rds for tva sport? I missed that. Woah surprisiing choice by him IMO. Tva only have 20 habs game + playoff. Im sure they are getting more nhl game but for that i have nhl center so w/e

Im really not a fan of the felix something and pat lalime. i'd rather listen to houde and dang, i hate houde.

If its not on cbc or tsn, i listen to the radio while surfing on the net. Yeap, i hate houde that much.

Hate Houde ? Why ? Great french, knows how to pronounce names and rarely make mistakes, unlike the CBC crew who are just clueless...

Houde is great... and he'll still be there, just not on week-ends and I'm pretty sure he's happy with it...

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
Hate Houde ? Why ? Great french, knows how to pronounce names and rarely make mistakes, unlike the CBC crew who are just clueless...

Houde is great... and he'll still be there, just not on week-ends and I'm pretty sure he's happy with it...

well after more then 10 years listening to him i got tired of him speaking about F1 during the play is on. or him talking about his week end or an old story that has nothing to do with hockey. i hate how he says vokawneeeeeeeeeeeee and all the other name, really HATE IT. hes trying to hard. Yes his french his great, cant deny it, but we are listening hockey, not the news on radio canada. What else can i say, i hate his hair ( lol ) and his face. a lot of the time he seem to be lost and not to understand whats happening and keep getting saved by Marc Denis.

/the end

ps: im also happy he wont be on the week end. so yeah :)

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
well after more then 10 years listening to him i got tired of him speaking about F1 during the play is on. or him talking about his week end or an old story that has nothing to do with hockey. i hate how he says vokawneeeeeeeeeeeee and all the other name, really HATE IT. hes trying to hard. Yes his french his great, cant deny it, but we are listening hockey, not the news on radio canada. What else can i say, i hate his hair ( lol ) and his face. a lot of the time he seem to be lost and not to understand whats happening and keep getting saved by Marc Denis.

/the end

ps: im also happy he wont be on the week end. so yeah :)

WHA - A - A - AT?

Those are the best!

When you have Smarties, you're not one to eat the red ones last, I guess ;)

Remember this Houle gem?

yIMqQe8.jpg

Good times :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad