Who will become the Bruins Enforcer???

qc

Aug 23, 2011
It's only a handful of games in. Robins had two fights and was sent down...

We finished second in the league last year with 46 fights (.56 fights per game).

Right now, although it's early, we have 4 fights in 7 games (.57 fights per game).

Robins was sent down, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him called up in the future depending on the circumstances. And Z and Lucic have yet to fight, and they surely will if the situation calls for it. Miller, Campbell and McQ tend to be willing combatants as well.

I agree that we're not as physical as we should/could be, but I think we're doing fine in the fighting department. Until a goon takes a run at one of our stars (and we fail to respond), I'm not worried about it.

member 96824

We finished second in the league last year with 46 fights (.56 fights per game).

Right now, although it's early, we have 4 fights in 7 games (.57 fights per game).

Robins was sent down, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him called up in the future depending on the circumstances. And Z and Lucic have yet to fight, and they surely will if the situation calls for it. Miller, Campbell and McQ tend to be willing combatants as well.

I agree that we're not as physical as we should/could be, but I think we're doing fine in the fighting department. Until a goon takes a run at one of our stars (and we fail to respond), I'm not worried about it.

While I tend to agree the roster is built much less "tough" than in years past, the funny part about it all is these were complaints even in 2011...which I would argue is the "toughest" roster we've had in a long time. I remember Kampfer getting run against LA I think it was and no one responding, causing outrage...along with the team being seriously questioned after getting pushed around for a good long stretch until the line brawl vs. Atlanta.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

I'm not JUST talking about fighting though, i'm talking about hitting, being rough and playing in your face. They looked like absolute rat **** against Montreal physically. They should NEVER be outhit by a team like Montreal. EVER.

They have a few guys who can handle themselves with the gloves off, but it seems like when another team dresses someone tough they're on their best behavior. Look at John Scott last year, they looked absolutely terrified when he was on the ice.

I'm not saying that they should have dressed a guy to counter Scott by any stretch, but i think Robins should be a full time player for this team. I don't think a tiny guy who can skate fast and pot 6 goals a year is the answer over a guy who can absolutely punish you on the forecheck, keep you guessing and beat you up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad