Speculation: Who will be this years Galiardi?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I think the Wild are going to try to shut down MacKinnon who'll struggle a little. Hence, McGinn and Landy are really going to have to step in and they will really tear it up. Talbot supports with some stellar play in both ends of the ice.

Bordy hits everything that moves with McLeod and get the Wild off their game. Varly plays a solid series and Bryz ***** the bed in game 4 giving us the 3-1 lead. The Wild then play Kuemper in game 5 and he plays well but someone like Malone or maybe Barrie finds the way through well into the OT and the Avs advance.

What a great series it was. Wow.

Jinx. We get swept.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Considering McGinn has one assist in 22 games of playoff hockey, I'm surprised so many people are backing him. I know his game and role has changed since he did that (in '10 and '11), but that's going to be a big step up.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
hmmm i think Landeskog may have some solid tweets but I'm gonna have to go with EJ here.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
McGinn has the potential to do it. Mitchell would be my pick if he was healthy.

Malone is also in a spot where he can really make a name for himself, Carey too, if he gets any type of decent ice time.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Considering McGinn has one assist in 22 games of playoff hockey, I'm surprised so many people are backing him. I know his game and role has changed since he did that (in '10 and '11), but that's going to be a big step up.
He was a 4th liner back then and is basically playing on the 1st line now, so his role is definitely different. His goal and point totals have essentially doubled in Colorado.

This thread has more to do with him getting under the other teams skin though, as that's what Galiardi did in 2010.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com

I think the general thought is that McGinn is going to get some separation from opposing teams top lines AND still play with quality talent.

Once Duchene gets back, I would be shocked if McGinn does not ride shotgun with him and O'Reilly for the duration of the playoff run. If that is the case, he will be on the primary offensive line, on paper at least, that the Avs run. The Stastny line will get the majority of the shifts against opposing teams power line. The Mitchell/Cliche line will attempt to play a somewhat shutdown role. McGinn will be asked to play a grinder/grit role on that line to create space for Duchene and O'Reilly.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad