Speculation: Who will be this years Galiardi?

m0ngr31

Last time we made the playoffs Galiardi seemed to be everywhere. Was underneath the skin of all the Sharks players and even popped a few goals in. Who can have the same effect on the Wild this time?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm not really expecting that type of series with Minny. I might expect that type of series with pretty much every other team in the West, but with Minny I'm expecting a tactical war.

Minny will be trying to bottle up the Avs speed, and the Avs will need to find out how to break down their D, and figure out how to create some havok in front of Bryzgalov, because Minny will have their sticks in a lot of shooting and passing lanes.

I would expect Talbot to be that type of guy if anyone though.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
How could Carey get under anyone's skin? He doesn't hit anyone. Malone is much more likely.

I'd guess McGinn, given he'll be playing a bigger role and I'm sure he's going to be asked to play even more physical.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Brad Malone.

That's an interesting one. He's kinda in the same position career wise as Gali was, plays a similar role, and also seems to have brought some abrasiveness back to his game, which wasn't quite as prevalent on his previous call ups.

If there is a guy, he could be a good candidate.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm going with McGinn too. Didn't he have a pretty darn good game against the a Wild last time, when his dad was in the audience? Wasn't that his fight? And he's one of the few with more than a few games playoff experience.

Carey will never get enough minutes, btw.

m0ngr31

When McCleod was on his nice little run of timely goals, I was hoping he would be able to do what Gali was doing. Hopefully he can step it up a little.

I think McGinn might have a decent shot at it though.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I hope it will be McGinn or Malone. I could see the playoffs as a big point in the development of McGinn. I think the coaching staff expects the physicality consistently from him in the post season, if its not there, I wonder if it will impact his role with the team going forward. You keep the big physical guys for this time of year... DONT LET US DOWN JAMIE!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad