Who will be the two forward callups?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Want it to be Rendulic and Hishon.

Expect it to be Carey and Sgarbossa.

Can't believe Hish is blowing his chance to get call ups this year based on his play. Sgarbossa seems to have surpassed him again, and he seemed done with the organization not too long ago.

I don't put a lot of stock into points in the AHL though. Veteran grinders know how to put up points in the AHL, doesn't mean they will play well in the NHL. To me, the guys with the best chance of playing well in the NHL are Hishon and Rendulic because of their smarts and skills that don't necessarily get brought out playing with AHL linemates.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Sgarbossa's goal the other night was really nice, skating through the defense and then a top shelf backhand. It would be a nice reward for a guy and show other players that if you play hard and well, you'll get another chance. Sgarbossa looked down and out after last year.

To the above post, Nice. Those are the two guys I want.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Smith and Sgarbossa were pulled out of the lineup for the game today so there you go, it's confirmed.

Now what does the lineup look like?

O'Reilly - Duchene - Tanguay

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Iginla

McLeod - Briere - Talbot

Smith - Sgarbossa - Vincour

??

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Me too. Cody does not deserve 3rd line minutes and I'd like to see Sgarbossa play with guys who might actually give him a shot at getting out of the defensive zone.

I think Roy is realizing McLeod should be getting very limited minutes. He was even playing the AHL'ers over McLeod in recent games so I doubt we see him on the third line. I could be wrong but it seems like McLeod hasn't been seeing much PK time recently either.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I would like to see Sgarbossa between Briere and Talbot. Who knows if that happens.

That line would be awfully tiny though.

Personally, I'd rather see Vincour with them, and Talbot stay with McLeod and Cliche on the 4th line.

O'Reilly - Duchene - Tangs
Landy - Mack - Iggy
Vincour - Sgarbossa - Briere
McLeod - Cliche - Talbot

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
That line would be awfully tiny though.

Yes, it would. However that beggars-choosers thing comes to mind right about now. ;)

Personally, I'd rather see Vincour with them, and Talbot stay with McLeod and Cliche on the 4th line.

O'Reilly - Duchene - Tangs
Landy - Mack - Iggy
McLeod - Cliche - Talbot

Isn't Cliche out also?

I can't keep track.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Tanguay Duchene Briere
Landeskog MacKinnon Iginla
Talbot O'Reilly Vincour
McLeod Sgarbossa Smith

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Cliche is hurt. Two small guys got called up so one line will be small. Colin Smith will play.

Not necessarily. Smith just replaces Cliche. Vincour isn't small, and is a bigger offensive threat 5 on 5 than Talbot IMO anyway.

McLeod - Smith - Talbot

Either Smith or Talbot can center the 4th line. Same with Briere and Sgar on the 3rd.

Yes, it would. However that beggars-choosers thing comes to mind right about now. ;)

Isn't Cliche out also?

I can't keep track.

Yes he is, my bad.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Tanguay Duchene Briere
Landeskog MacKinnon Iginla
Talbot O'Reilly Vincour
McLeod Sgarbossa Smith

What do you think about swapping O'R and Briere in your list? Keep the top lines heavy, rather than "spreading the wealth"?

Though that would be one ugly bottom 6…..

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Dean said they'd call up Sgarbossa when they needed a center so he probably plays that.

I'm hoping so. I've never really seen him play a decent game against NHL players, and I've been fairly critical of him because of that. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I wonder if Schumacher would have been considered if he was signed to a NHL contract. He's big and has played well this season.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Happy to see Colin Smith and Sgarbossa get a shot. They both deserve it. Especially Sgarbossa after he had a really bad year last season. He's turned it around and is looking pretty good. Colin Smith has been pretty consistent since joining the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad